Columbia Place Mall

Columbia Mall does still get decent traffic. I prefer it over Columbiana because I absolutely hate the traffic nightmare that is Harbison BLVD.

I guess we'll just have to disagree on this one. I've been to Cola Place and Columbiana many times with my wife on the same day, and the difference is staggering. I'd shop in Cola Place more if it only had similar choices of stores to Columbiana. You have to go to Harbison for many stores and restaurants that aren't anywhere in or near Cola Place.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Limited Too exiting Columbia Place Mall December 31, 2006.

Leases are also up for Limited Brands (Victoria's Secret, The Limited, Express, and Bath & Body Works) I'll have an update on that soon.

Wow, that is kinda weird, out of all stores, I thought they did pretty well? I guess that means they probably will open at the Village... Its looking depressing around the mall, Toys R Us is gone, the pizza hut has been torn down and they are making it an auto zone or something, like there isnt 4 of them down the street already......they made that eye vision place a Title Max place, like there isnt 50 of them around the mall already!

Edited by Temeteron

Columbia Mall should jump the Mall-as-Office hub bandwagon and convert some of those outparcels into office buildings/towers. It got good connectivity with Two Notch, Parklane, Decker, 20, 77 and 277. It works well for Cumberland Mall in Atlanta which is around the same age... Although that could be bad for Downtown if it became a major magnet.

Edited by Hybrid0NE

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2006 was a good year for Columbia Place with the renewal of Limited Brands leases and now officially JCPenney will be replaced with Burlington Coat Factory and Steve and Barry's University Sportswear. Burlington Coat Factory will occupy the lower level while Steve and Barry's the upper level. These stores will open in 2007. This is positive news for the Dentsville corridor.

• 2 months later...

This mall looks like it's going for a turn for the worse. I usually shop at Columbiana, but I decided to explore the Two Notch corridor since I never go out that way. I went to the Columbia Place mall and noticed the dinky stores surfacing. Some guy approached me for money which was unsettling. The kiosk people were in my face in desperation. There was no one there for a Sunday afternoon. I also noticed group of young teenager with gang colors hanging out. I found a nice shirt at Express, and I decided I was ready to leave by then. The atmosphere with all of the thugs was uncomfortable. I had a group of young teenagers (truthfully thugs) mutter cigar towards me. I guess they never see people dressed in nice outfits at that mall and assume I'm a homosexual. I was enraged at that point and left. I guess you have to wear baggy shirts and pants around my knees to avoid harrassment!!!!!

This mall needs to renovate, fire their current marketing team, and hire a more effective security force. It's ridiculous! They lost my future business.

This mall looks like it's going for a turn for the worse. I usually shop at Columbiana, but I decided to explore the Two Notch corridor since I never go out that way. I went to the Columbia Place mall and noticed the dinky stores surfacing. Some guy approached me for money which was unsettling. The kiosk people were in my face in desperation. There was no one there for a Sunday afternoon. I also noticed group of young teenager with gang colors hanging out. I found a nice shirt at Express, and I decided I was ready to leave by then. The atmosphere with all of the thugs was uncomfortable. I had a group of young teenagers (truthfully thugs) mutter cigar towards me. I guess they never see people dressed in nice outfits at that mall and assume I'm a homosexual. I was enraged at that point and left. I guess you have to wear baggy shirts and pants around my knees to avoid harrassment!!!!!

This mall needs to renovate, fire their current marketing team, and hire a more effective security force. It's ridiculous! They lost my future business.

So now we have to wear nice outfits to be gay; I'm going to be thrown out of the secret society for my weekend casual wear! :scared:

No Comment

So now we have to wear nice outfits to be gay; I'm going to be thrown out of the secret society for my weekend casual wear! :scared:

No, but that's how people act in SC....if you wear tight jeans, and a tight shirt alot of people here automatically think you're gay. In bigger cities you never see these assumptions.

No, but that's how people act in SC....if you wear tight jeans, and a tight shirt alot of people here automatically think you're gay. In bigger cities you never see these assumptions.

"Never"? You've got to be kidding me.

Secondly, that was one group of apparently rough and tumble teenagers at a mall. How can you judge the attitudes of an entire state based on that?