Columbia Place Mall

Burlington Coat Factory - It's almost simpler to hang a sign on the mall that siys "we are dying and ghetto" than to let these guys in. It'll be a quick and easy space-filler, but at what cost to the mall's reputation?

I guess I'm ghetto because Burlington Coat Factory has good priced things :rofl:

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why cant Columbia have their own store instead of having to drive everywhere? This goes for any store not just Bass....
Maybe you're right, Temeteron. Every city should have its own Bass Pro Shops, maybe two. Never mind that specialized stores like that need a certain amount of regional traffic to succeed...

Agreed. Columbians shouldn't have to drive all the way to Concord to shop there.
Maybe there's enough traffic, but it's risky business to place the stores too close together.

I guess I'm ghetto because Burlington Coat Factory has good priced things :rofl:
The do have good prices, but you won't see Burlington Coat Factory in prime retail space, to be sure. Edited by StevenRocks

I hear ya; BPS is about the last store you would find me in.

I'm with y'all...can't imagine EVER having the need for Bass Pro Shop...but, I do have a good buddy that's all into fishing. He even fishes tournaments. He has to drive to Charlotte occasionally just for this store. He can't get everything he needs at Dick's. So, for him and guys like him, I'd like to see a BPS here.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think Bass Pro Shops would be an interesting addition to Columbia Place although they serve a demographic that doesn't really use Columbia Place. It would be their first store in Columbia, however, so it micht bring some added activity to Columbia Place. It wouldn't get me to the mall any more than I already go. Macy's is about the only reason I go to Columbia Place.

It's not Bass Pro, and it's not Columbia Place Mall, but good news anyway. A blurb from The State:

The Utah-based Sportsman

It's not Bass Pro, and it's not Columbia Place Mall, but good news anyway. A blurb from The State:

And who said Columbia didn't get the first in retail in SC? I know it isn't exactly Nordstrom, but it's still good for Columbia.

When is it supposed to open? I ask because Spartanburg is getting a Sportsman's Warehouse too, and I remember reading that ours and Columbia's were the first two in the state. I was not clear on which would open first.

Columbia Place temporarily fills the Toys R US space.

Spirit Halloween is now open.....It's 10,000 square feet of pure Halloween excitement!

Spirit Halloween Superstores has 24 years of exclusive Halloween experience and has become the most successful and reputable Halloween retailer in the country. In 2006, Spirit operates 425 stores nationwide. We are the originator of the