Columbia Place Mall

Columbia Place temporarily fills the Toys R US space.

Spirit Halloween is now open.....It's 10,000 square feet of pure Halloween excitement!

Spirit Halloween Superstores has 24 years of exclusive Halloween experience and has become the most successful and reputable Halloween retailer in the country. In 2006, Spirit operates 425 stores nationwide. We are the originator of the

• 1 month later...

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I mean in Tallahassee one of the malls has a BCF and it is alive, even though it isnt considered the best mall of the two in that city. But Maybe the fact that they feel the need to have another is a testaments to our growth (numbers only). :blush: I dont plan in frequenting the establishment though! <_<:sick:

I'm guess I'm one of the few people who actually manages to find decent stuff in BCF.

Nah, I've shopped at the Dutch Square location; it just seems like kind of a low class store. Granted, I formed this opinion during the Christmas rush when people were jus throwing stuff on the floors. I'd probably have a different opinion if I went back at a different time.

They do have good prices, though.

Nah, I've shopped at the Dutch Square location; it just seems like kind of a low class store. Granted, I formed this opinion during the Christmas rush when people were jus throwing stuff on the floors. I'd probably have a different opinion if I went back at a different time.

They do have good prices, though.

Yeah good prices but their visuals are horrible which gives the shopper no interest whatsoever to come back, besides the fact that their clothes are of low quality and off brands.....and no trend to them whatsoever......i guess you pay for what you get! :sick:

Edited by Temeteron

^ That's how I felt when my wife and I went there to find her some shoes. We don't pay particular attention to brand names - though that is a plus to find a cheap Nautica or Ralph Lauren shirt - but there were no attractive visuals to create a comfortable shopping ambiance. The place did seem trashy with clothes and shoes on the floor. If BCF comes to Cola Place, that is another bad sign on top of the other bad signs for the mall. It really appears to be on the decline.

Edited by Charleston native

Ok, I've been away but I'm back now.

THe JCPENNEY space is being renovated for two tenants not one. No official announcement has been made however, people are speculating Burlington Coat Factory. Speculation also said John Kerry would be president. I'm not saying Burlington Coat Factory isn't a tenant signed, but I'm saying we're running with unofficial news.

Burlington Coat Factory has done a lot to revamp it's image in recent years. Burlington Coat Factory falls in the category known as Junior Anchor (i.e. Marshalls, Ross Dress for Less, TJMaxx and so on). The only difference is in the stores anchoring a traditional mall the layout is that of a traditional department store. Recently to catch up with times Burlington Coat Factory changed their return policy allowing customers to return merchandise. The company was purchased by a reputable company that has it's hands in many brands nationwide including GameStop.

At the time Burlington Coat Factory landed in Columbia, it was a test market. They opened in the old Kroger on Bush River Road. Dutch Square (if you read old press releases) had signed R.H. Macy's to open a 3 level 220,000 sq.ft. store and was courting Sears to open. A pricey almost higher than $70,000,000 renovation was planned. Macy's would have then left their location downtown to open in Dutch Square. Before construction began, R.H. Macys filed bankruptcy and was purchased by Federated Department Stores who then filed bankruptcy. Now Dutch Square at the same time began to Hemorhage because of Columbiana Centre opening and Tapp's failing. A struggling Dutch Square courted Burlington Coat Factory, and Office Depot. If you walk in Dutch Square and look up walking from the mall concourse into the store you see where they pretty much gutted out a portion of a mall wing and put lights up and said "DONE". The store is half done, but the mall is the one that did the construction.

I have visited Burlington Coat Factory at malls with Abercrombie & Fitch. They do exist together and it's not a low in store anymore. They carry name brands like Polo, Nautica, and names you'd find in any department store. Lets face it, TJMaxx, Ross Dress for Less, Goodies, Kohls and others moved/opened further down Two Notch thinking that everyone who lived in Arcadia Lakes, Dentsville, Woodfield and surrounding areas too picked up their homes and moved as well. NEWS FLASH no one moved and people are angry over whats left and that's why task force such as DECKER REVITILIZATION PROJECT and others have come to existance. CBL & Associates knew about the Village at Sandhill and they still bought and invested in Columbia Place.

I'm happy that the opportunity is being suggested versus throwing up a useless MEGA THEATRE 24 or bringing in a CALL CENTER. Burlington went to Dutch Square because of the $$ that still shop there (notice BELK is still there and S&K menswear still exists across the street)

I will be bringing you updates as they become available.

Rashaad

Well Columbia Place mall has joined Decker Mall and Bush River mall on deadmalls.com. I hope that isn't predictive of the future.

I used to love going to Columbia mall as a teen and in college.. The day that place opened, the parking lot was slam full. The State had an aerial view of it in the paper.

Columbia Place Mall is on Deadmalls.com but it's all errors. Deadmalls.com article lists Columbia Place as only having national brands such as Cato.

It also says they lost Victoria's Secret and Kay Jewelers. It lastly mentions that the Old Navy is the smallest in thes state.

I doubt Columbia Place Mall dies. It's the only mall for urban fashion. The mall might not appeal to everyone but I doubt it will die out.There's alot of military and younger crowd in that area to support Columbia Place. In fact I live on Piney Grove Rd and I very seldom find anything in Columbiana Mall but shoes and slacks.I usually shop at Columbia Place or Laurie's.

Edited by 803metlife

I doubt Columbia Place Mall dies. It's the only mall for urban fashion. The mall might not appeal to everyone but I doubt it will die out.There's alot of military and younger crowd in that area to support Columbia Place. In fact I live on Piney Grove Rd and I very seldom find anything in Columbiana Mall but shoes and slacks.I usually shop at Columbia Place or Laurie's.

yup

Edited by sonofaque86