Columbia Place Mall

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fly and Flashy?? LOL! You can get away with a lot more if you don't attract attention to yourself.

Run silent, run deep.

One of the things I liked about Columbia mall is the glass kiosks that are set up around Christmas. My wife really likes the colored glass animals, but that kiosk wasn't set up there last year. Any thoughts (besides One Eared Cow) on stores that sell these?

Shopping in Columbia, the basics <_< ...Shopping in Charlotte, higher grade basics <_< ...Shopping in Atlanta, Stuff (not necessarilly expensive) that are popular through out the nation. :shades: ..Shopping in Florida, (my personal favorite) the fly and flashy! :yahoo:

I can agree, Atlanta has everything I need. But shopping in Miami(miyayo) you can definetly get a higher fashion such as Giani Versace, Prada, etc.

Most people have better things to do with $288 then to splurge on a pair of jeans they found at SouthPark, Tem--especially when you're in the real world, paying your own bills and not having mommy and daddy do everything for you.

Excuse me? who said my parents pay for things? Charlotte has more variety....and if Atlanta was closer trust me i would

Fly and Flashy?? LOL! You can get away with a lot more if you don't attract attention to yourself.

Run silent, run deep.

One of the things I liked about Columbia mall is the glass kiosks that are set up around Christmas. My wife really likes the colored glass animals, but that kiosk wasn't set up there last year. Any thoughts (besides One Eared Cow) on stores that sell these?

The Fly and Flashy gets me the attention that allows me to have something to get away with. :shades: And if you know what you are doing you don'tahve to worry about getting caught! :rofl:

I guess a mall is considered "dead" if it's "too urban" (which is codeword for a majority Black customer base).

I think "dead" may reference that to an extent, but the real definition comes from lack of significant retail traffic, lack of energy, and lack of a revenue draw for mall-type stores. If you compare Cola Place and Columbiana, you see two different worlds: Columbiana is vibrant with alot of foot traffic and revenue while Cola Place has a few people in it with very few stores obtaining adequate business.

The fact that there have been a few shootings there doesn't help, either.

^Could it also be the obvious: Columbiana is in a fast-growing part of the metro, while Columbia Mall is in a declining older part of town? But even then, given that fact, Columbia Mall still gets decent traffic (from what I've seen). Just because it's not as successful as Columbiana doesn't mean it's "dead."