Green Diamond Project

Hybrid0NE

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^The waste water swamp thingy, but that scheme is nothing more than B&C trying to recoup their investment in land they can't build on. Columbia would be foolish to take the bait. That land is only good for farming, and only then if you can manage to stay afloat after the loss of a crop every few years due to flooding.

^The waste water swamp thingy, but that scheme is nothing more than B&C trying to recoup their investment in land they can't build on. Columbia would be foolish to take the bait. That land is only good for farming, and only then if you can manage to stay afloat after the loss of a crop every few years due to flooding.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I thought they wanted to do the wetlands, but reserve some of the higher land for future development. I may be remembering that wrong though.

B & C is a scumbag company that doesn't deserve a taxpayer bailout of any kind. IF (and that's a big if) the city could pay MARKET rates for this land, and do the wetlands project for something close to what the treatment plant improvements would be, then it should consider the project. Included with that would be an understanding that NO concessions, agreements, etc. of ANY kind would be implied for the remaining land. Anything short of that, and Cola should tell B & C to get lost.

The wrinkle is that B&C is stuck with worthless land and is trying to pawn it off on Columbia as a 'wetlands for water treatment' instead of expanding the water treatment plant. Guess what? The plant would still need to be upgraded, even if the land is purchased. Basically, the cost of the plant upgrades with no wetlands is much less than the cost of the land and less upgrades.

And you can dang sure bet B&C won't sell the land cheap.

• 10 months later...

Well I had to temper my response a little. I'll be sure to let the mayor know how I feel about B&C, but I think this may be an attempt by Cayce to get some control over both sides of the river so developers don't build levees and flood the Riverland community. That kinda makes sense and I can see it, but I do NOT want B&C, or anyone else for that matter, building in the floodplain.

Well I had to temper my response a little. I'll be sure to let the mayor know how I feel about B&C, but I think this may be an attempt by Cayce to get some control over both sides of the river so developers don't build levees and flood the Riverland community. That kinda makes sense and I can see it, but I do NOT want B&C, or anyone else for that matter, building in the floodplain.

Archived