Fall Foliage from the San Juans in Southwest Colorado

Mith242

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got to go there.

You have any of the snow-capped Rockies?

I think I may have a few more pics of some snow on the mountains. Not all of these mountains have snow on them year round. In fact a few of them had just gotten snow on the very tops while I was there. For that matter I may have some in one of my trips to New Mexico. This most recent trip was the first time I'd really gotten to see Colorado.

I've got to go there.

You have any of the snow-capped Rockies?

Okay here we go. The first two are at Molas Pass on the way to Silverton from Durango. The next two are at Silverton, I woke up to discover it had snowed at the very highest elevations near there overnight. The rest are at Dallas Divide. It's basically on the way to Telluride from Ouray. I went by there twice but never could get there and have the sun the way I wanted it. So they didn't turn out as well as I would have liked.

co507dy.jpg

co511db.jpg

co556uf.jpg

co561hi.jpg

co570xv.jpg

co580tc.jpg

co595lw.jpg

co604wa.jpg

co618en.jpg

co624mc.jpg

Any other requests or questions? I'll have to look at some of my older pics to see if I have any snow capped mountains in some of my older vacation trips to New Mexico. I may also eventually start some other topics focusing on certains aspects of some of my trips. Some pics of the adobe architecture of New Mexico might be nice.

Archived