Pics of the Architecture of E Fay Jones

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol: Well it certainly looks like his work on Dickson St is by no means anyone's favorite. I don't seem to dislike it as much as others but as I said before it's not anywhere close to my favorite structure of his.

Don't get me wrong it's definitely unique architecture that is deserving of respect and admiration... only makes me kinda queazy staring at it that's all. :sick:

• 6 months later...

Yeah it's certainly not my favorite design of his. I will say it's different from a lot of his other stuff though. I admit I'm not sure how old it is. But it almost looks like something done back in the 70's. I've always wondered if this was his reaction to trying to do something a bit more 'urban'.

The Underwood bldg on Dickson was built '63-66 and the second floor was built as Jones' architectural studio. If you haven't been inside the building you should really visit Underwood

I came across this home while walking around. This isn't too far southeast of the Fayetteville Public Library. Don't think I've heard or seen any mention of this home in any of the books or websites I've seen about E Fay Jones' architecture.

img0439s4pu.jpg

img0440s9zz.jpg

img0441s1an.jpg

img0442s8om.jpg

img0443s3mj.jpg

This is the DePalma Clinic on S. School build in '62-64. Dr DePalma let the place go into total disrepair from the mid

Archived