Buffalo Snow...Ya baby!

leets

I love Snow and Buffalo truly is a great snow place. I miss it so much here in Chicago. Chicago gets real real cold, colder than Buffalo but the snow is wimpy. Snow is what makes winter tolerable. Without it winter is gray and dull.

So here are a few pictures in Buffalo showing the glories of snow snow snow.

snow37kl.jpg

snow126mk.jpg

snow115pm.jpg

snow94iv.jpg

snow89vq.jpg

snow70il.jpg

snow67qo.jpg

snow49tz.jpg

snow55tj.jpg

snow24vo.jpg

snow15vz.jpg

snnow105nx.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in the Chicago area. Yes, we have way too much gray in winter and not enough white. My in-laws live in Central Oregon. They don't get a lot of snow in town, but they can drive up to the mountains in less than an hour to see and play in all the snow anyone could want, and they don't have to shovel it. Sounds perfect? Of course, the unemployment rate is astronomical, so here we are in Chicagoland. :(

I'm in the Chicago area. Yes, we have way too much gray in winter and not enough white. My in-laws live in Central Oregon. They don't get a lot of snow in town, but they can drive up to the mountains in less than an hour to see and play in all the snow anyone could want, and they don't have to shovel it. Sounds perfect? Of course, the unemployment rate is astronomical, so here we are in Chicagoland. :(

Yup, that was the worst part about living in the Midwest in my view... The winters were brutally cold, but there wasn't as much snow as I was used to (from having grown up in the Northeast) to balance out the frigid blasts. It was just gray and bleak and flat. I never understood seasonal affective disorder until I lived in the plains of Minnesota...

- Garris

Archived