Kentucky Love?

Lexy

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do they serve Sweet Tea there? Follow the Sweet Tea line to determine where the South stops. May go higher in some areas and further down in others. Some parts of the state are more Southern than others.

They didn't in Cave City when I stopped there this summer. However, I think they sevred it in a few other places I went through.

The president of the Confederacy was from where :whistling: (Kentucky)!

And the President of the US during the Civil War was born where?

Never understood why people thought KY was in the south....it's def with WV and the border states between NE and midwest.

By the way.....we don't call it "sweet tea" down here. It's just tea. The sweet part is automatically assumed, and you have to ask for it to be unsweet if you are on a diet lol. In fact, most of the local joints don't serve tea that isn't sweetened (see Price's chicken coop; voted best fried chicken in the south)

^It's because when you have the opportunity to spend time in the state outside of Northern Kentucky, and some parts of Eastern Kentucky, that it is clear that the state is southern in most of its geographic regions I've spent tons of time in Western and Central KY, and I can tell you that they are pretty darn southern. Parts of Eastern KY might share the mountain culture of W. Virginia and parts of Northern KY might share traits of the midwestern states, but not long after you get outside those border regions the state becomes very southern in nature. Its like if folks wanted to say Indiana and Illinois are southern because their southern fringe regions have strong southern charateristics.

Archived