Verdae Market Fair

perrykat

The new anchor, K&G, is a business dresswear store chain. I think it would fit in well at the former Marshall's with dressing rooms already in place. Still, it is better to see it go somewhere than nowhere.

Does anyone think Verade Marketfair can boost its property value if they have their parking love repaved and restriped? It is beyong awful.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone think Verade Marketfair can boost its property value if they have their parking love repaved and restriped? It is beyong awful.

Olive Garden definitely boosted it's appeal by getting rid of that row of 80's Bradford Pears. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Bi-Lo officially announces it will be locating on the vacant Service Merchanise site at Verdae Marketfair for a new store. The existing structure will be demolished for a 53,000 square feet space.

Locating in the center renamed Verdae Village, Super Bi-Lo will feature full service meat and seafood markets, a pharmacy, a Wellspot nurse practicioner station, a coffee shop, a sushi bar, etc. The store plans to open next summer.

WYFF 4 (NBC; Greenville, SC): Bi-Lo Announces Verdae Village Store (2006-7-11)

The Greenville News (Greenville, SC): Bi-Lo to build first superstore in Greenville (2006-7-11)

It is great to see a supermarket returning to Laurens Road and something being done with the former Service Merchandise.

Some work is taking place around the center beginning with the blue canopies removed. I'm unsure if the vacant Service Merchandise will be completely demolished or just completely altered. I could see a new structure necessary to accompany a drive through pharmacy.

Should this topic be renamed "Verdae Village" to accompany its upcoming changes?

Some work is taking place around the center beginning with the blue canopies removed. I'm unsure if the vacant Service Merchandise will be completely demolished or just completely altered. I could see a new structure necessary to accompany a drive through pharmacy.

The vacant Service Merchandise store will be completely demolished.

YAY! Verdae will have a full house again! I wonder if they'll re-vamp the entire center to match the new Bi-Lo. I think it looks fine as it is, but with the way developers to things...who knows. This is very good news, it's nice to see a shopping complex be able to come back without major work or complete demolition. Also very good news for the Laurens Rd. area as well....GOOD JOB BI-LO!

YAY! Verdae will have a full house again! I wonder if they'll re-vamp the entire center to match the new Bi-Lo. I think it looks fine as it is, but with the way developers to things...who knows. This is very good news, it's nice to see a shopping complex be able to come back without major work or complete demolition. Also very good news for the Laurens Rd. area as well....GOOD JOB BI-LO!

Yes, according to the paper today they will be putting a new facade on the whole place. This is good news for the area that was beginning to become an eyesore. Woodruff road is just too busy, so it is ideal for shops that wish to service the ICAR and surround new homes to be on Laurens. Laurens road can handle the traffic being 3 lanes each direction. Laurens road has lots of potential.

The vacant Service Merchandise store will be completely demolished.

This is probably necessary to accompany Super Bi-Lo's pharmacy's drive through window, which will be at one end of the store. I wonder if it may be the side closer to Verdae Boulevard.

YAY! Verdae will have a full house again! I wonder if they'll re-vamp the entire center to match the new Bi-Lo. I think it looks fine as it is, but with the way developers to things...who knows.

I think the blue canopies are being replaced; something permanent and nicer would be welcome.

The parking lot needs complete resurfacing. I'm sure Super Bi-Lo's end will see it.

Is a traffic signal at the complex's entrance at Bonaventure Drive closest to Arby's in the plans?

Is a traffic signal at the complex's entrance at Bonaventure Drive closest to Arby's in the plans?

I haven't heard of such. I hardly think it's needed right now. Down the road when Verdae is built out more and the population in the surrounding area has increased then maybe, but a traffic signal now would only create unnecessary stopping in my opinion. I've never had to wait long for a few cars to pass before being able to turn left or right coming out of Verdae "Village". But I possibly see one down the road. Give it 5 years. ;)

• 2 months later...

Would you need more than an excavator to raze a specific structure? I assume it is there to use after the vacant Service Merchandise is demolished to level the land before Super Bi-Lo's new building goes up.

Office Depot's front exterior is undergoing a new look and a permanent canopy. Their interior could use a major facelift.

• 3 months later...

I was at Verdae today and it's coming along well. New signs have been put up (I think they are the same signs, just something added to the top, the brick and all still looks the same). New lighting has been installed in the covered walkways around the stores, as well. I notice there are quite a few vacant spaces, though, mostly between K&G and Office Depot. When did The Mole Hole leave? Looks like it's gone.

It was never really dead, but, it's good to see somebody making an effort at bringing this shopping center back to life.

And, what's going on with the old Goody's on Laurens? Looks like they're tearing it down.

I was at Verdae today and it's coming along well. New signs have been put up (I think they are the same signs, just something added to the top, the brick and all still looks the same). New lighting has been installed in the covered walkways around the stores, as well. I notice there are quite a few vacant spaces, though, mostly between K&G and Office Depot. When did The Mole Hole leave? Looks like it's gone.

It was never really dead, but, it's good to see somebody making an effort at bringing this shopping center back to life.

And, what's going on with the old Goody's on Laurens? Looks like they're tearing it down.

Oh, and what's going on with Office Depot? The facade is tan-looking stucco or something now, with the exception of the arched entrance cover that sticks out, which is still brick like always. Is the whole center going to be revamped like this? It's not extremely attractive.

Oh, and what's going on with Office Depot? The facade is tan-looking stucco or something now, with the exception of the arched entrance cover that sticks out, which is still brick like always. Is the whole center going to be revamped like this? It's not extremely attractive.

• 4 months later...

I concur locating at the interstate is not a good place for a supermarket. It is bad to be relocating four miles from a populated area with two major hospital systems to another area that is reidentifying itself. The Roper Mountain Road area still needs a supermarket.

Archived