Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flash

Some Winston-Salem photos

These are from late September, just now getting around to posting.

winston.salem.03.jpg

winston.salem.04.jpg

winston.salem.14.jpg

winston.salem.11.jpg

wsm.jpg

winston.salem.10.jpg

winston.salem.18.jpg

winston.salem.12.jpg

winston.salem.05.jpg

winston.salem.13.jpg

winston.salem.16.jpg

winston.salem.08.jpg

winston.salem.09.jpg

winston.salem.17.jpg

winston.salem.07.jpg

winston.salem.19.jpg

winston.salem.06.jpg

winston.salem.20.jpg

winston.salem.15.jpg

This is downtown Winston-Salem from about 40 miles away in Virginia on I-77. I had to really bring it out in the picture. This was the first time the visibility was good enough to see that far, in all the many many times I've driven at that location.

winston.salem.01.jpg

Here's Pilot Mountain for reference.

winston.salem.02.jpg

Great pics! They are so clear, looks like it was a beautiful day :)

Isn't the Wachovia Tower the tallest building in the Carolinas outside of Charlotte? I personally like the BB&T, especially the window above the logo, I've never noticed that before...

Great pics! They are so clear, looks like it was a beautiful day :)

Isn't the Wachovia Tower the tallest building in the Carolinas outside of Charlotte? I personally like the BB&T, especially the window above the logo, I've never noticed that before...

Yes, it's the tallest building outside of Charlotte. The old Wachovia Building, the Winston Tower, is the 3rd tallest outside of Charlotte.

Great photos especially the ones from Virginia with Pilot Mountain in the foreground.

Great photos!

I hope i can get lucky and see Winston-Salem from Fancy Gap one of these days on a clear day

On a clear day, you can see downtown Winston-Salem from Roaring Gap, NC which is near Sparta. I'm not sure how far away from Winston that is...

On a clear day, you can see downtown Winston-Salem from Roaring Gap, NC which is near Sparta. I'm not sure how far away from Winston that is...

Sparta is mad far! Thats at least 50 air miles away!

Actually if you're talking about right from the town of Sparta itself and not a relative location then it is exactly 72 miles.

Actually if you're talking about right from the town of Sparta itself and not a relative location then it is exactly 72 miles.

I'm not sure what the distance is, but you could see it from Roaring Gap which I believe is closer to W-S than Sparta (although both towns are in Allegheny County).