University at Buffalo

zt456

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's quite possible I might be attending SUNY - University at Buffalo Fall 2006 and I just wanted to know people's opinions on the school or what alumni or current students think of it. Thanks!

What major?

I graduated Architecture there many moons ago. The Architecture scholl has a greta den in Brian Carter. they have been bringing is some heavy hitters for lectures and special studio study.

The UB is the biggest of the SUNY schools. Buffalo also has another SUNY called SUNY College at Buffalo.

UB is on 2 campuses. The Main Street campus is the older and smaller located in the city. It has mostly medical school stuff but also houses the school of architecture. The rest of the Universtity is on The Suburban Amherst campus. It is huge and sprawling. I never had any classes out there but if you are an undergrad most of your classes will be on this campus. It is a vast bland wind swept no man's land but most of the buildings are connected so in winter you don't need to go outside.

It is a very good university especially since it is a state school and as such is very very affordable. Buffalo is a great city once you get to know it. It is filled with great architecture. Night life abounds the food is good, beautiful nearby scenery and recreation including skiing. UB has a real affordable ski club.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

im attending this fall as a transfer student and i'll also be dorming.

the only complaints ive ever heard about UB from friends is that its too big and that some of the teachers don't speak english so well... many of them are from india. however, im told once you move beyond you're gen. ed. classes and really get in to your curriculum that the size shrinks tremendously (down to about 30 students in a class).

• 2 months later...

It's quite possible I might be attending SUNY - University at Buffalo Fall 2006 and I just wanted to know people's opinions on the school or what alumni or current students think of it. Thanks!

born and raised just outside buffalo. attend undergrad there. great school. great people. i wouldn't trade my time there for anything.

• 7 months later...
im attending this fall as a transfer student and i'll also be dorming.

the only complaints ive ever heard about UB from friends is that its too big and that some of the teachers don't speak english so well... many of them are from india. however, im told once you move beyond you're gen. ed. classes and really get in to your curriculum that the size shrinks tremendously (down to about 30 students in a class).

• 2 weeks later...

This truly is a small world--made even smaller by the Internet. I just signed on (today) and I can't believe the amount of threads on Buffalo... :alc: I lived in Buffalo for 3 years, while attending UB (graduate school of education). Like someone mention the campus--divided between South and North campus--is huge. Add to that the winters are unforgiving and long; downtown Buffalo can also be quite depressing, especially Main Street. That said, I had some fine professors and met some really good people. I have no regrets.

Archived