Columbia Economic Notes

emerging.me

Those Downtown Columbia shots are fantastic. If it had more of USC's towers it would be perfect but it kinda gives Downtown that Urban Forest thing that Atlanta has going.

P.S. It's under "Online Extras" in the Aerial Shots Slideshow.

I converted some of the pictures to jpegs and enlarged them. That is my desktop background now.

I know this sounds like a silly question but how exactly do you do that?

It's easy. Since those pictures were posted in macromedia player and not simply as photos, they couldn't be downloaded. Because of that I had to do a screenshot and convert it to a jpeg. Here is the process:

1. Go to the photo you want and press your "PRT SCR" button

2. Open a desktop publishing program or Paint

3. Paste the screen print into your open program

4. Crop the picture to get rid of the part of your screenshot outside the picture

5. Enlarge the picture to the ideal size and save as a jpeg or bitmap.

6. Voila! You have a picture!

:D

Edited by waccamatt

The CVB has yet another new website. It is decidedly less slick than the previous one, but also is a lot less "out of touch." In spite of some amateur-ish design choices -- I think this must have been some kinda home-grown deal -- it is more intuitive and has more/better information.

New CVB Website

I am just glad the movie theaters on Harbison are no longer the main page graphic. *eye roll*

Edited by emerging.me

I actually e-mailed them about the movie theater. As many showpieces as Columbia has, I couldn't believe they would pick the Columbiana theaters as a FRONT PAGE graphic. The new website is different; I think I might like the old one better.

Ha! I emailed them too -- the day it went up. Hilarious...

Yeah... the new site is a little bit budget-looking, but it does better present Columbia. So, I'm okay with it! :)