Columbia Economic Notes

emerging.me

Great pics on the progress on the new condo projects krazeeboi!

Wow on the Holder Project. Nice project to jump start that area but, $275,000 for a 1 bedroom? Seems little high to me. Even hot markets like Charlotte and Atlanta you can get a 1 bedroom in the low $200,000's. Hope they sell them though so the project becomes reality.

I don't think it will have a hard time selling if Innovista brings in the high paying jobs that it's supposed to bring. It's slated for being a (southeastern) regional economic engine. Toyota may be leasing some space there. But anyway it will transform that part of main for sure pretty soon it will cost a prettier penny to live in DT and around USC in about 5-10 years.

Great pics Krazee! The shops on Lady & Pulaski streets are really coming along. Thanks for finding that larger image of the new USC project as well.

That looks really cool. It does seem a bit expensive, but I bet that people will pay it anyway. Particularly high paid research people. They are banking a lot on these high tech companies moving in to town.

I do not like that Addams is moving to Assembly St. Having all 3 bookstores in such close proximity was great since it was easy to price shop (lets not get into the fact that textboox are overpriced anyway).

Holder Properties probably wanted something that would fit in more with the character of Innovista; for that, I can't blame them. I hope to see more investment from this group in Columbia.

The design seems to be pretty standard for mid-rise condo developments these days. Doesn't seem like there will be any brick in the facade, which, IMO, will be a good thing--at least not a lot of it anyway.

No...Atlanta Bread is down near the capital. That's Rising High to the right. And Duck In is still there...just to the left. You can't see it in the pic.

Yes, Duck-In is a few doors down. You have Rising High, the three new businesses there, Jammin' Java (you can see their new door if you look closely at the drawing), the City Center offices, vacant building (prime property), the old Sports Action building with the cool blue tiles on the outside (also prime location -- i want to turn it into a juice bar!), then Duck-In, and then what will soon be the new luxury condos at the corner of Main and Taylor (where Sherlock Holmes pub is expected to relocate). This is going to be Main Street's premiere block in terms of residential and commercially-oriented street life.

Edited by emerging.me