Columbia Economic Notes

emerging.me

IMO... this is a must-attend event:

The Waterfront Steering Team, Guignard Associates and the University of South Carolina invite you to get a glimpse of Columbia's future at the unveiling of the master plan for the City's Waterfront District.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

S.C. State Museum Auditorium

3:30 - 4:30 p.m.

The Waterfront Steering Team, Guignard Associates and the University of South Carolina invite you to get a glimpse of Columbia's future at the unveiling of the master plan for the City's Waterfront District.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

That sounds very exciting! Hope someone from UP will be there to report back to us all. :thumbsup:

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Oh wow, I would love to attend, but unfortunately, I have class.

Somebody PLEASE bring back a report! I'm DYING to know the details! And The State better have some renderings in Friday's paper.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

I'll be there.

OK Corgi, where is your report? Anything to add to the paper's info?

Not really. It was awesome seeing it on the big screen, and I do mean big, and very clear. The auditorium was packed. Columbians are psyched. The first thing to do is get some money from the feds and U.S. Senator Joe Wilson was there. Greene street will have a wide band of greenery, much wider than any of the pictures show.

There is now a blue architectual review board notice on the corner lot at Taylor and Huger on the corner opposite Comfort Suites, on the same side of Huger as the Bell South headquarters. They are going before the board to request construction of an office building. I would think it would be on the same scale as the the buildings on the other three corners.

Affordable housing is coming to Arsenal Hill. The Battery at Arsenal Hill will feature 44 single-family homes, bungalows and town houses, ranging in price from $130,000 to $280,000.

Krazee, you have a crystal ball up there in Rock Hill. I had just copied that link to post info about that article! I could actually afford to live in that development (if I hadn''t spent so much money renovating my current house, lol). I'm glad to see affordable housing in the Vista! Kudos to the Columbia Housing Authority!

It has good bones, doesn't it? I can't wait to see what the neighborhood looks like in another 10 years.

Drove over there yesterday to look at the tracts in this development. Should be an excellent place to live -- you don't have the skyline views of Governor's Hill but there are a few sneak peeks at the buildings through the trees. It'll be nice.