Columbia Economic Notes

emerging.me

• 1 month later...

I saw that, it is very disappointing. I didn't even know they had opened a third location on St. Andrews Road. I doubt I'll drive way out there for dinner, but you never know, they have awfully good hummus. Good old Mediterranean Tea Room is still on Devine, though.

Yeh Med Tea Room is good but its wasn't as good as Al-mir so I will miss it, but if I can ride out to Village at Sandhill for Red Robin and Arizonia i think i can stand heading to Irmo for some good Mediterranean food. Maybe another exotic eatery will go in where Al-mir is sometime soon

Yeh Med Tea Room is good but its wasn't as good as Al-mir so I will miss it, but if I can ride out to Village at Sandhill for Red Robin and Arizonia i think i can stand heading to Irmo for some good Mediterranean food. Maybe another exotic eatery will go in where Al-mir is sometime soon

I see Firefox is a nocturnal animal, lol. ;)

Edited by waccamatt

I see that the trees in front of the old bank building on Washington Street that's being renovated, across from the Palmetto Building, have been cut down. I hope that new ones will be planted after renovations are complete.

yeah when we had those strong winds a few weeks ago some trees fell over

I hope they were cut down on purpose. They were those awful pear trees and completely blocked the view of that gorgeous building. I'm thinking they will probably replace the pear trees with the type they've planted along Main Street, the deciduous ones. If they don't plant any trees there, the building itself will stand out that much more, although it will be hot there for a certain period of time each day in the summer.

I like the planting of Palmetto trees in locations like that because they provide greenery without obliterating the views of buildings. That is a beautiful building - a few years ago, Workshop Theatre had discussed moving into there, but it proved to be cost prohiitive. I can't wait for Nickelodeon to move to Main Street.

• 2 weeks later...

Any news on why the land is being cleared on Garner's Ferry road near/on the old dairy farm in front of Bi-Lo. If I'm not mistaken it seems that I heard a while back that there was going to be some type of lifestyle center there.

I was under the impression, and it appears by all the pipes in the ground it was going to a subdivison