Los Angeles Koreantown Part 2

Chris-LA

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great phototour of Koreatown, LA!! Thanks a lot for posting it!

I sure want to visit LA once. I only visited Seattle in the US, that would be my first choice as a city to live in, San Diego would be 2nd, but LA would definitely be 3rd!

Just by looking at those pictures, you realize how different cities on the west coast are from the ones on the east coast. LA and New York are totally different!

PS: we don't see a lot of LA pics here, feel free to post more:)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone who has viewed my thread, and of course special thanks for to those who commented on them.

Yes nice pics, thanks for posting them. I was curious about one of the buildings that shows up in several of the pictures. In one pic it has a round red Kyoto sign on it. Do you have any info or history of that building? I found it interesting.

Mitch sorry for the late reply, I read you question a while back but I couldn't find any infomation on this building. I'm curious as well, perhaps someone on this forum my be able to help us?

• 4 weeks later...

Chris, thank you!! I grew up in LA but am not too familiar with Koreatown. That building definitely caught my eye, though! I'm curious to know more about it as well.

Ronald, a friend of mine who grew up in NY then moved to LA once said to me, "NY is vertical; LA is horizontal!"

I'll try to post some LA/SoCal pics soon. we need more angelinos on UP :shades:

koreantwn1785hs.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Some of those pics look similar to sections of Detroit. It's too bad that most of the city has fell victim to sprawl. L.A. would have actually been better off capping its city limits and having half the population, instead of all the annexation and sprawl. Sure it gives it twice the population, but at what price. A tight dense traditional city with 2 million is better than a city with 4 million that has a sprawling mess.

Archived