Crabtree Valley Mall

DigitalSky

They need to knock that Convenience Center down while they have a chance.

I agree with you, but by the looks of the renovations being done to the exterior of the old Toys R Us it seems less likely. I wish I knew more about Crabtree's overall plans.

I say they should visit a couple of Great performing older malls. Like South ParkSouthPark to get 3 Upscale Firsts for State. for instance and see what they are missing. Truly they must get a grasp now, as they are losing ground to the other shopping districts in the triangle. Not to mention the area coming on line in a few years at Alston at the 55/540 Junction and the Proposed Garner Mall.

I say they should visit a couple of Great performing older malls. Like South ParkSouthPark to get 3 Upscale Firsts for State. for instance and see what they are missing. Truly they must get a grasp now, as they are losing ground to the other shopping districts in the triangle. Not to mention the area coming on line in a few years at Alston at the 55/540 Junction and the Proposed Garner Mall.

I can't believe that Southpark still doesn't have Crate & Barrel. That's one of the few stores I could (theoretically!) go into blindfolded and pick out a whole cart of stuff I like.

Edited by dmccall

I met up with a friend of mine begining this week. He mentioned that his office was doing some work at Crabtree....the lower level of L&T and the convience center strip. From the sounds of it that the convient center is going to be transformed where some high end Big Box stores may come. Most of the tenants that are there now will leave when their lease is up. He said that the lower level of L&T will be spaces for smaller shops and such. But he did not know of any plans to connect the center with the main mall anytime soon. Of course no company names were mentioned in our conversation. :(

can anyone explain to me why there are so many closed storefronts inside the actual mall. there are a lot of nice locations for nice stores to fill up, mainly around the Lacoste and Brooks Brothers area. that would seem to be a prime location for decent to high end retailers. i dont get why the mall's officals wont pursue a high end retailer to make the mall the most upscale in the triangle, since many believe that it is. this is a great opportunity for mall leaders to attract big name retailers.

A bunch of stores at Crabtree are at the end of their 10 year leas cyslce. More than likely there are some ongoing negotiations with upscale tenants that will take those spaces once papers are signed. I wouldn't be too concerned.

Edited by StevenRocks

• 2 weeks later...