Crabtree Valley Mall

DigitalSky

Okay great for Best Buy even in a smaller location this should increase there sales incrementally, OK but not great for Barnes & Noble they should have expanded, and finally though I usually disagree with most of you bad for the mall these two stores could be located here but in a much better way that would increase the cachet of this mall and they failed miserably

I wonder if they know really where they're headed?

Genericville

Looks like Triangle Town Center is doing what it can to stay competitive and fill vacancies. Coming soon--J. Jill, Georgiou, Journey's, Reeds Jewelers, S&K Menswear, Shanelle's, Dormia, Professional Nails

wow...

Additionally at Triangle Towne Center. In front of the mall where that atrocious K-mart is they are building on to the kmart 3 or 4 other large retailers (probably will renovate the k-mart to blend also) The developers are calling it Triange East. And Johnny Carrinoes is coming soon. Crabtree better wake up.

That'll make two "Triangle East" shopping centers in Wake County - the first is in Zebulon where Belk and (yes) Roses is.

The thing that TTC has against it is that it's so far out there. I guess traffic flows OK on 540, so I might go there once every two years or so, but if I had to tackle Capital Blvd to get there (as do most people in Raleigh) I'd never even consider it.

Crabtree's location alone forces all the other malls to play catch-up. It's not obsolete and it's not in danger of becoming obsolete any time soon.

Crabtree's location alone forces all the other malls to play catch-up. It's not obsolete and it's not in danger of becoming obsolete any time soon.

Well put, and I totally agree. People may have ventured out there when it was new or to check out Saks, but when it comes down to it, more people are going to hop on the beltline and pass a few exits to get to Crabtree than to get on the hellacious Capital Blvd anyday. Crabtree is still king in this area, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Well put, and I totally agree. People may have ventured out there when it was new or to check out Saks, but when it comes down to it, more people are going to hop on the beltline and pass a few exits to get to Crabtree than to get on the hellacious Capital Blvd anyday. Crabtree is still king in this area, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

I have to agree with you. Although, Crabtree has a huge amount of potential they are still the best located mall in the region. Their location alone will keep them a force in the marketplace.

The thing that TTC has against it is that it's so far out there. I guess traffic flows OK on 540, so I might go there once every two years or so, but if I had to tackle Capital Blvd to get there (as do most people in Raleigh) I'd never even consider it.

TTC is located in one of Raleigh fastest growing corridors ,they have lots and lots of land around them that will be developed in to more retail ,housing and mix use projects,i know crabtree is in a location that has alot of that,but the area is not customer friendly at all or walkable, Crabtree may not become obselete no time soon, but if they don't get on the ball they will become second rate,also don't be suprised if Brier Creek builds a mall in about 5-6 years, Southpoint just delayed Brier creek mall coming to this area it didn't stop it,also Garner mall plans will be released soon in about 1-2 years these are the same folks that built Brier creek commoms.

TTC is located in one of Raleigh fastest growing corridors ,they have lots and lots of land around them that will be developed in to more retail ,housing and mix use projects,i know crabtree is in a location that has alot of that,but the area is not customer friendly at all or walkable, Crabtree may not become obselete no time soon, but if they don't get on the ball they will become second rate,also don't be suprised if Brier Creek builds a mall in about 5-6 years, Southpoint just delayed Brier creek mall coming to this area it didn't stop it,also Garner mall plans will be released soon in about 1-2 years these are the same folks that built Brier creek commoms.

Almost all malls are walkable aren't they? Besides, I don't see TTC as a more walkable area than Crabtree. TTC has an ocean of parking surrounding it and I don't think it is very walkable from one retial center to the next. There are tons of big box retailers popping up all over the place that require a car.

An outdoor component is nice, but it isn't enough to make me drive out of my way to another mall unless there is a specific retailer that Crabtree doesn't have.

Hmm. Out of the 4 Major Malls in the area. If you count Cary Towne Center (Which I normally don't) it's okay but in reality it's only one story and lacks the polishing one would expect since it's in the town of Cary.. Southpoint probably has the most potential as it sits on I-40 and has a nice draw from the interstate which is very constant. Passerby are liable to stop there vs. the other malls. Crabtree is centrally located but cursed by horrible traffic and minimal parking. Triangle Towne is in my opinion also a very good place for a mall. Off I-540 and a decent draw from North Raleigh Wakeforest and points bordering to the north (Henderson, Louisburg,Southern VA.) And soon will be very accessable from points east like Knightdale, Zebulon, Rocky Mt. via 540 when it's opened next spring. I say we wait about 5 years and then try and rank them. This will hopefully give Crabtree time to get it's act together. But really all the malls are nice and have good locations.

TTC may have lots of land around it, but malls and retail usually look at the wealth that surrounds them, why do you think Crabtree, Cameron Village, Glenwood South, and North Hills are so upscale, because they are closer to the high income money base. ITB is one of the more wealthier sections of the triangle. Plus rich government workers, atheletes, and families are attracted to the upscale characteristics of each shopping center.

TTC is around just plain old middle class subdivisions. It resembles an outdoor convience center, just with a roof. TTC is no mall in my opinion, the only thing that makes it believable is flashy merchandise and advertisement gags like having the only Saks in NC, which IMO is a horrible spot for the dept. store.

Almost all malls are walkable aren't they? Besides, I don't see TTC as a more walkable area than Crabtree. TTC has an ocean of parking surrounding it and I don't think it is very walkable from one retial center to the next. There are tons of big box retailers popping up all over the place that require a car.

An outdoor component is nice, but it isn't enough to make me drive out of my way to another mall unless there is a specific retailer that Crabtree doesn't have.

I agree almost all malls are walkable,i didn't say anything in my post about the mall it's self not being walkable ,so i don't know were that comment came from, but anyway you do make a good point about TTC having a ocean of parking around it, but they have alot of chances and land to change their thinking and planning , Crabtree has to seize every chance because the place is landlocked and in a flood zone, all am saying is TTC, like the place or not, has alot more opitions to explore like adding a Hotel with a small convention center complex, a mix use project right their in close proximity or walking distance to TTC ,that's what they can do in the future with there big old ocean of parking they can do tons of different projects ,does Crabtree have this many opitions? :huh: Edited by RALBOI

TTC may have lots of land around it, but malls and retail usually look at the wealth that surrounds them, why do you think Crabtree, Cameron Village, Glenwood South, and North Hills are so upscale, because they are closer to the high income money base. ITB is one of the more wealthier sections of the triangle. Plus rich government workers, atheletes, and families are attracted to the upscale characteristics of each shopping center.

TTC is around just plain old middle class subdivisions. It resembles an outdoor convience center, just with a roof. TTC is no mall in my opinion, the only thing that makes it believable is flashy merchandise and advertisement gags like having the only Saks in NC, which IMO is a horrible spot for the dept. store.

Wakefield and Heritage subdivisions are in TTC's marketing area,these subdivision's are among North Carolina's wealthest zip codes, but i agree they are not within walking distance to the mall, and also in my opinion having North Carolina's only SAKS is no Advertisement gag, think about it, Charlotte doesn't even have one yet, that's a rare claim Raleigh can make, an one we probaley won't have for long against our bigger sister city ,but hey that's just my take, am not knocking your opinion. :thumbsup: Edited by RALBOI

I have to agree with you. Although, Crabtree has a huge amount of potential they are still the best located mall in the region. Their location alone will keep them a force in the marketplace.
I agree also they have the best location right know,i just think as a consumer that goes to Crabtree they can offer me more because this is the best location, but will it be the best in the future,i love Crabtree and yes it's my favorite mall,but it's not inmune to problems best location today may not be the best location tomorrow, also as a consumer i want crabtree to do something Grand, but hey let me not jump the gun here crabtree might have big plans ,but all am saying is what have you done for me latley and crabtree hasn't done NOTHING.

IMO: Potential is one thing. Delivery is another.

TTC was proposed as the center of an urban village. Current trends in the area lead me to believe it will be decades before any urban village comes to form there.

Maybe this is good pole material, "which mall is your favorite". My friends consensus is that TTC is the Third best mall. Not one of my friends likes TTC better. Sorry, just the way it is. 10 years from now, will it be the same way....who knows? Maybe Crabtree will raise the roof and add 2 more floors ;). Saks is a great 'get' but I can't afford (or desire) to shop there.

I hate to burst anyone's bubble but neither southpoint or TTC have an ocean of parking. Drive out to either of them on a slightly busy weekend and try to park anywhere near one of the stores and I don't mean within 7 slots. Cary mall is the busiest it has been in the last 12 years, so even though it is not very inspiring it continues to thrive, Though I do pray that they decide to just rebuild the whole thing soon. Crabtree actually has a ton of parking available esp. with all the parking decks.

Agreed about parking at crabtree. The parking there is better because it's all in decks and every space is so close to the mall entrances.

By an "ocean" of parking at TTC or Southpoint, I don't think the poster meant "too much parking." Just that it's all a huge surface lot, which means 1. the mall is set off really far from a public right-of-way (sucks for riding the bus or walking) and 2. if you get a parking space towards the back of the lot you're stuck trudging a pretty good distance - which really sucks at night.

I think the parking is a preference issue. To me I would rather walk a distance than have to navigate the parking decks. Especially in those peak shopping seasons, those decks can be the worst. For Buses I think the open lot malls SP, and TTC and to some extent cary have made good accommodations.

If you build it, they will come thus far has worked well in the triangle. Seeing that we were the only metropolitian area in the country to open 2 malls 2002. I'm just glad we have some choices, gasp.. What if we only had real mall.