Crabtree Valley Mall

DigitalSky

^ I'll have to check that out, Steven. Sounds neat.

On the Forever 21 topic, I saw they got the construction walls up for this. Whoah, I had no idea they were taking up this much room. From the looks of it, they'll be bigger than any other store there (excluding the department store anchors). And to think, only a few months ago, I'd never heard of them. ^_^

• 1 month later...

The parking deck is now open between Belks and Barnes and Noble. The few people like me who actually walk on the "connecting" sidewalk have to look both ways now, instead of just toward the post office.

The Belk lighting is neat! If they are brighter *and* energy efficient, it should be rolled out to all of their stores over the next few years. If RTP-headquartered Cree is involved, so much the better.

The Pottery Barn expansion and Forever XXI spaces are still "coming soon", but the old L&T first floor entrance has only ads with no signs of tenants coming in before the holiday season.

The Belk lighting is neat! If they are brighter *and* energy efficient, it should be rolled out to all of their stores over the next few years. If RTP-headquartered Cree is involved, so much the better.
I like them because they don't look like typical lighting. It feels more special and 'considered,' if you know what I mean.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone used these guys? I stopped in yesterday to inquire about having some shirts made, the guy was really nice & price seemed reasonable ($60 plus material). Just wondering if any of you kids had used them before.

Edited by yoga

I have certainly used Lee's to hem some jeans while I shopped or take something in, but I guess I have never thought of them as a "real" tailor, like someone that would make your clothes from scratch. Do they have a good selection of quality fabrics or designs to show you? I know when I have used a tailor before (in another city) that is all they did....make suits, shirts, etc.

The parking deck is now open between Belks and Barnes and Noble. The few people like me who actually walk on the "connecting" sidewalk have to look both ways now, instead of just toward the post office.

The Pottery Barn expansion and Forever XXI spaces are still "coming soon", but the old L&T first floor entrance has only ads with no signs of tenants coming in before the holiday season.

Great, thank you!

Do you know what the start date is for the expansion of the Barnes & Noble section are? My guess is sometime after the holiday season?

Crabtree would be crazy to start any major construction projects between now and the end of the year. They don't want to lose any more parking spaces and/or confuse shoppers. The part of the deck between B&N and the mall proper closest to Glenwood is still surface parking. That part of the deck, and the restaurants on top, will probably start construction in early 2008, or whenever the weather permits.

According to the N&O the new new stores are still a month or so away.

Pottery Barn's rennovation opens in mid-November and Forever 21 opens in December. Missing the Friday after Thanksgiving seems odd, but its not my money.

It doesn't really change my outlook on Jesus or anything, but these early early early Christmas decorations just make the season absurdly long and boring. It used to be that Halloween was a nice, hard holiday, complete with decorating, that couldn't be interrupted by Christmas stuff. Now, I'm desensitized to the whole season. By the time mid December gets here I pretty sick of it all by then. Yeah yeah. Call me "Scrooge".

It doesn't really change my outlook on Jesus or anything, but these early early early Christmas decorations just make the season absurdly long and boring. It used to be that Halloween was a nice, hard holiday, complete with decorating, that couldn't be interrupted by Christmas stuff. Now, I'm desensitized to the whole season. By the time mid December gets here I pretty sick of it all by then. Yeah yeah. Call me "Scrooge".

Agreed. Its really sad to see Christmas kicking Halloween out of the picture these days. It seems to get earlier every year. Next thing you know, it really will be Christmas in July!

The part I found was funny: Last time I was at Crabtree, I walked in that new entrance where the first floor of Lord & Taylor was, where they have outdoor speakers with music and a recorded announcer. As I was approaching the door, there was some announcement regarding "Come to Crabtree Mall on Halloween night to do all your Trick-or-treating!". At that very moment I walk thru the doors and see a ton of big Christmas displays right in my path! :huh:

Yeah...not that I would've liked to trick-or-treat in a mall when I was a kid...but I sure as heck wouldn't wanna do it in a place covered in Christmas decorations! :rofl:

Last night I told my wife about reading about the decorations on here and she said she doesn't want to go now till after Thanksgiving. She's made it a point to tell the manager at Linens and Things, Bed Bath and Beyond and Rite Aid that its too soon for Christmas stuff.

Are they hoping "Black Friday" lose its appeal by putting out the decorations earlier? Do they honestly think people will start their holiday shopping because the decorations are out in full force?

I got used to seeing the Halloween space in Target swapped out for Chrismas, but having them "side by side" reduces the meaning of both holidays. If mom didn't save the cornucopias, turkeys, etc. then we wouldn't have anything for Thanksgiving. Ugh.

I dunno. Christmas stuff has been out in stores since Labor Day. At some point, I've learned to turn off my gag reflex on the commercialization of Christmas and the 'Christmas-fication' of Halloween. It really doesn't bother me.

I wonder if anyone's considering locating a store in the new hallway under Hudson Belk Men's. It'd be a pretty good spot for something high-traffic.

Just went to Crabtree yesterday. I hadn't really been there in a few years, at least long enough to look around. It's funny that I still think back to the pre-90's renovation days (I miss Hungate's). Anyway it's amazing how quickly stores come and go over the years. I was really surprised at how large the Forever21 space is. It appears like it will be one of the biggest non-anchors once completed.