Crabtree Valley Mall

DigitalSky

21 hours ago, Cityplanner said:

When is Saks Fifth Avenue going to give up on Triangle Town Center and move to Crabtree?

I was looking at the TTC directory and it reminded me of Eastland Mall in Charlotte, but with a Saks Fifth Avenue.    Certainly a far cry from the nice mall I remember visiting in about 2006 or 2007.

Or will Saks just close?

It'll be easier for them to close. They pay no rent at TTC. They are not going to get that kind of deal at CVM. Considering the current state of retail, I believe they are running out their lease for now and probably pulling up shop in the area. Honestly, I don't think Saks is good for this market. Nordstrom does a better job for the area, matches well with the demographics, and is a better fit for CVM. I'm still not sure how Saks sees this market as viable, they even pulled out the Louis Vuitton booth in the TTC store, and that should be the biggest seller. 

Maybe something is up, but honestly, they are just idling at the moment. 

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...