New Subforums

Spartan

In which forums would you participate?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. In which forum would you participate the most?

• Columbus
    • Augusta
    • Macon
  2. 2. Which forum combination of forums would you most like to see?

• Columbus, Augusta, Macon
    • Columbus and Macon
    • Columbus and Augusta
    • Columbus
    • Other (Please specify)

I still don't think either is warranted... Just compare the new posts on any given day on the Georgia page to the posts on some of the more busy forums, like NC cities, Atlanta, and Florida cities... I'm excited if theres 1-2 posts to read when I come here, whereas I usually have 10 threads to check up on in the same amount of time in some of the other city forums...

If we think it will help to pick up the traffic, then go for it, but if it's for organization sake, I think it'll just make the information even less accessible, and people that may normally see these threads (ie people on the way to the Atlanta forums) will be less likely to check out a fairly dead subforum.

The Atlanta forum started out pretty slow. It wasn't as slow as GA's, but it was still pretty slow. Activity in that section has greatly increasedsince then.

Creating a subforum doesn't mean 10 people from that place will sign up the day after it is created, but it does help encourage posters in the long run.

Then again, this poll is only to find out if one would be useful. Columbus and Augusta seem to be hogging most of the votes.

Columbus has had a historically "big" presence here for a 2nd tier GA city. Augusta has the benefit of sharing a border with SC, which is one of the most active forums at UP.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived