Hybrid0NE

Best SimCity Game (so far)?...  

29 members have voted

1. 1. select below...

• SimCity (Classic)
    • SimCity 2000
    • SimCity 3000
    • SimCity 4

Which do you think is the best version of Sim City and why?

I used be a big Sim City fanatic; I had Sim City, SC2000 and added on SimCopter (which ruled) and Streets of Sim... (big waste of $$) and Sim City 3000 but stopped playing it by the time 4 was released. I'm thinking about getting Sim City 4 Deluxe Edition but wanted to get some insight before being dissapointed...

P.S. Does the Rush Hour add-on allow you to drive-through or fly over your city like in SimCopter (companion to SC2k)? That's part of the reason I stopped at 3000, you can't explore it once you've built out.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 is good, especially the expansions, but you'll want a decent comp set up or else you'll have many graphical issues. If you aren't running at least a Pentium 4 and 512 MB RAM, upgrade first.

SimCity 4 is also a very complex game that will require lots of attention and you can quickly land in the negative and stay there.

If you're good at the previous games and can put some time into it, then you'll like it.

My favorite would be Sim City 4 with Rush Hour. It gives me many road options. I mainly use it to create road networks. I'm also a cheater and I always like to use cheat codes.

I haven't played it lately because my computers aren't powerful enough. They both have Windows XP, but they don't have a compatible graphics card which slows the game down a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite would be Sim City 4 with Rush Hour. It gives me many road options. I mainly use it to create road networks. I'm also a cheater and I always like to use cheat codes.

I haven't played it lately because my computers aren't powerful enough. They both have Windows XP, but they don't have a compatible graphics card which slows the game down a lot.

I cheat blatantly and like to get everything for free I possibly can and always use the codes that give you a bunch of money.

Otherwise, it takes too long and is no fun.

• 7 months later...

I have SC3000K and have never played SC4. I also have SimCity for the Super Nintendo which I wore out back in the day, lol. SimCity 3000 is alot of fun, I just now started playing with it again when I have some free time. I'll use the cheat codes when necessary. I especially like the one that turns all industrial zones into hich-tech, non-poluting industry.

don't go on a Simcity binge.. it's easier than you think.. and suddenly you'll be wondering why your back hurts and you haven't eaten all day..

that's when you just turn the game off, go get a steak, grill it up and enjoy the evening outdoors.

I already have that problem with UP... :lol:

4 is good, especially the expansions, but you'll want a decent comp set up or else you'll have many graphical issues. If you aren't running at least a Pentium 4 and 512 MB RAM, upgrade first.

I have a Pentium III 800 mhz with 236 mb RAM and the game works alright, it's a pretty slow to load but after that it runs good.

I like 4 becaus it is the most realistic, i.e. you dont have twenty houses and no visible streets in between them. 3000 is the most fun to play though

That was my biggest problem with the older Sim Citys, things weren't oriented to any particular street, they could even have 5 or more houses between them and any street. Now there are lot lines, that's probably one of the best new features, along with being able to build a whole region.

I liked SimCity 2k the best. It was simple, a time-waster, yet it still involved a certain amount of strategy. I have never had so much fun and longevity out of a game as I have had from SC2k. I wish I had a working copy of it. It's perfect when you're online and bored or you're on the phone. And who can forget the Braun Llama Dome?!

I agree about SimCopter and Streets...SimCopter rocked my socks, Streets was a POS.

SimCity3000 had too much busywork. It seemed like I was ALWAYS replacing water pumps and it pissed me off. I quit playing it because of that. Still, the graphics were a quantum leap forward and the spaceports were kinda cool.

SimCity 4 redeemed the whole line though. It took the best of SC3k, while enhancing everything. You still have to replace stuff in SC4, but it's much more reasonable now. Plus, I love the region play in SC4; it's pure genius and a LOT of fun. Instead of just building up a city, you get to build a whole metropolitan area. I do wish you could turn off the auto-roads, and I wish there was a button like Shift that in SC2K would cancel your zoning if you decided you didn't want it. And the beaches are too d@mn hard to place. Other than that though, SC4 is a close second to SC2K.

don't go on a Simcity binge.. it's easier than you think.. and suddenly you'll be wondering why your back hurts and you haven't eaten all day..

that's when you just turn the game off, go get a steak, grill it up and enjoy the evening outdoors.

I love SC4 binges, however when I break the binge it's like 4 or 5 am!!!! It's a great game, Sim City 4 and Civ4 are my favs!!!!

:D

I only played 3000 and now I am addicted to SC4 deluxe. I must say 3000 is better if you want immediate success and your city can grow big fast. However SC4 allows you to play a whole region or make a metro area.

My only problem with SC4 is that is very compicated. Trying to figure out what city needs what type of jobs or housing. Or why I can't get the traffic count down on a particular stretch of road even though I have ample grid connections. I used to play for hours until I gave up and started cheating. I know it sounds dishonerable but if you play the game you will see what I am talking about. I now have metro with 600,000 residents with a main city of 180,000 thousand. I try to build realistic so I don't use extreme cheats. All in all I love sim city.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived