Which Coastal Southern City do you prefer (excludes Florida)

Tiger Beer

Which Coastal Southern City do you prefer (excludes Florida).. as in which would you consider living in?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Which Coastal Southern City do you prefer (excludes Florida).. as in which would you consider living in?

• Wilmington, NC
    • Charleston, SC
    • Savannah, GA
    • Mobile, AL
    • Biloxi, MS
    • Corpus Christi, TX

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since this is in terms of living, I don't see why anyone would vote for Wilmington (besides being a beautiful place).... it's crime rate is 11,300! The national average is 4,500 :ph34r: ! (Bestplaces.net) It's not even that big of a city, so it doesn't really have an excuse for being so high.... Those Carolina beaches get crazy! Myrtle Beach (SC) is even worse than Wilmington!

but what does he have against Florida, Virginia, and Louisiana???

For the most part, the coastal cities in Louisiana are all fishing/shrimping towns, and dont see many, if any tourists. But many of these cities were completely washed away by Katrina.

I have actually only been to Charleston on the list, but I fell in love. It has definitely raised the bar for any other small southern coastal city if I visit.

Well, I'm glad you fell in love with my hometown, but I would not by any means characterize it as a small coastal city anymore. It is growing by leaps and bounds...the city itself has about 110,000 and the metro area is close to 600K. It is currently booming, and it has been postulated that the city could reach 300,000 by 2020, maybe sooner.

Didn't want to rain on your comment, it's just that I'd like to correct the perception of my hometown. It had been small for a long time, but I don't think you can call it that now.

Since this is in terms of living, I don't see why anyone would vote for Wilmington (besides being a beautiful place).... it's crime rate is 11,300! The national average is 4,500 :ph34r: ! (Bestplaces.net) It's not even that big of a city, so it doesn't really have an excuse for being so high.... Those Carolina beaches get crazy! Myrtle Beach (SC) is even worse than Wilmington!0

Wilmington is a very nice place. During my visit, all of the locals were very friendly. It also has one of the most active downtowns in NC.

Wilmington is a very nice place. During my visit, all of the locals were very friendly. It also has one of the most active downtowns in NC.

The crime rate is mostly from burglary, and kids caught smoking weed at UNCW; that doesn't really mean the city's dangerous. Just poor, hungry, and tripped out. It has comparatively low homicide/rape rates. There's nothing to worry about if you're just walking around the place.

Wilmington isn't getting enough love.

Archived