1006 - 1008 Cherry Street

GRDadof3

Anyone know what kind of business this house is being turned into at 1006 - 1008 Cherry Street (the big house right where Cherry meets Lake Street, across from the little house in the median)? Looking at the floorplan in this week's Planning Commission agenda, it shows a waiting room, office and 12 customer workstations :huh:

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was my initial guess..

Oh oh.. can I play?

Maybe it's one of those places people can go, and "pre-prepare" thier meals for the weak, and then take them home and make them later in the week. A guy I work with's wife does that. I only say that b/c of the size of the kitchen& # of sinks and the fact that each workstation cluster has a sink attached to it

Like this: Cena To Go

The house has been called the "Spider House" for ages and the proposed business is a retail meal preparation service. It's all the range for busy households today.

Info about this type of business from the Let's Dish! website:

"Their goal was to create a great business by offering people a fresh, new way to feed their families. Customers make menu choices, sign up and prepay for sessions at the company's website. When customers arrive at the store, refrigerated workstations for each menu item are stocked with all necessary ingredients, which can be varied to meet specific tastes. Customers rotate from station to station preparing eight to 12 different entrees each designed to serve six. The meals are then brought home to be frozen or refrigerated and cooked at a later date."

The house has been called the "Spider House" for ages and the proposed business is a retail meal preparation service. It's all the range for busy households today.

Info about this type of business from the Let's Dish! website:

"Their goal was to create a great business by offering people a fresh, new way to feed their families. Customers make menu choices, sign up and prepay for sessions at the company's website. When customers arrive at the store, refrigerated workstations for each menu item are stocked with all necessary ingredients, which can be varied to meet specific tastes. Customers rotate from station to station preparing eight to 12 different entrees each designed to serve six. The meals are then brought home to be frozen or refrigerated and cooked at a later date."

2 points for the sammich.. yeah buddy :yahoo:

Oh oh.. can I play?

Maybe it's one of those places people can go, and "pre-prepare" thier meals for the weak, and then take them home and make them later in the week. A guy I work with's wife does that. I only say that b/c of the size of the kitchen& # of sinks and the fact that each workstation cluster has a sink attached to it

Like this: Cena To Go

:blink: That was a hell of a guess.

It will be an interesting planning meeting tomorrow. This is a HOT TOPIC around the neighborhood. The Spider House is right at the Cherry, Lake, and Diamond intersection. As of now, this property and the parking lot directly west is zoned R-3. Across the street, the north side is zoned C-2. The west side of Diamond is zoned C-2, but not the east side.

Their request is for a zone change from R-3 to C-2.

Archived