Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

turlough

Washington D.C.

8 posts in this topic

Ok here are some photo's I found of Washington D.C. I though these were very nice and i should share so here we go. ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!

USA-DC-Washington1.jpg

USA-DC-Washington2.jpg

USA-DC-WashingtonDC-foundershowardedu1.jpg

USA-DC-WashingtonDC-attractievestadnl1.jpg

USA-DC-Washington-webshotslabrcajun1.jpg

USA-DC-Washington-wsthunder19841.jpg

Great pics! D.C. will always be one of my favorite cities. A very photogenic city with lots to do...I can't wait to go back in the summer :).

Ya know, I always thought it looked retarded with all those 10-15 story buildings (if they are even THAT high) instead of a normal skyline, but now that I see it in those pictures it actually looks really cool. Massive density.

It's nice to see DC. Since it has no highrises, it is very under-repped on forums, and although I have been there, I don't feel like I have a good mental image of how it looks.

Fantastic thread. Washington DC shows what true urban centers look like. Too bad they cannot build skyscrapers, but it they ever allow this, Washington DC will see the kind of growth no other place has.

Forget skyscrapers, DC is one of the "BEST" cities in the country to me. I'll take a short city with the vibrancy of DC, at street level, over a city with 1,000 skyscrapers anyday. DC is as European as it gets in the US. Everyone should visit this place at least once. There's so much to do & see and the metro has one of the best subway systems in North America. I'd move to that place in a heartbeat, if it was affordable and if I could get used to the winters. Thanks for sharing the pics.

I agree, Lakelander. In fact, if D.C. ever allowed skyscrapers it would probably destroy the whole European-like character of the city.

I agree with both of you (TheLakeLander and Future Architect). Washington DC has a wonderful character and should remain as is. What good is a center with 100 skyscrapers if the street level activity is small?