La Fontanelle

GRDadof3

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if people arent sold on "la fontanelle", we could call it GRUMP! Grand Rapids Metro on Urban Planet!

wouldnt that be GRMUP? :P

Or perhaps the "Grand Rapids Urban Municipal Pavillion" (I'm grabbing straws aren't I?)

Perhaps I am a D.A. but whats going in at Market and Fulton?

Nothing is happening there. Amway owns it and has been sitting on it for a long time. I think they want to use it for the next tower that they build.

ahhh well if Amway is smart, they will build a retail center on it :P and forget the tower, besides that wouldnt do them any good so far from the Con. Centre.

Image2.jpg

See? not bad eh? I also added in a Live performance theatre, and more parking! :P How cool would it be to see a Theatre Marquee off of 131 advertising the show thats going on for the day?

Also, I wonder if you could get an off ramp right into that proposed parking garage kind of like the one that you take to get to JLA's lot.

Edit: Moved Mixed use to Ionia.

Original area:

site3.jpg

The only thing I would add would be to extend the development to the river. Some sort of restaurant deck on the water would be really nice, or at least incorporate the riverwalk into the retail development.

If you mean my proposal, then the green area is like GRDad's green area its a plaza that would have sidewalks, etc. I just added green blobs to represent trees :P So a deck off the river is most likely. I would say that if there wasnt some kind of restaurant with a deck off the river, I'd find a new restaurant for that space :P I wouldnt want the building up to the river, but I would want walkways, dining areas, etc.

And that black area next to the LPT would be reserved for restaurants and bars and stuff like that.

ahhh well if Amway is smart, they will build a retail center on it tongue.gif and forget the tower, besides that wouldnt do them any good so far from the Con. Centre.

not going to happen anytime soon. That is Amway GP lot and they use it for employee parking and oversized vehicle parking. The hotel ramp is already small and they just got rid of the surface lot where the new JW is going up as well as the vip mini ramp. So they are strapped for parking and it isnt going to get any better until they build a new ramp somewhere.

But yes Fulton/maket would be an ideal spot for shopping/ent. and hopefully it happens soon

not going to happen anytime soon. That is Amway GP lot and they use it for employee parking and oversized vehicle parking. The hotel ramp is already small and they just got rid of the surface lot where the new JW is going up as well as the vip mini ramp. So they are strapped for parking and it isnt going to get any better until they build a new ramp somewhere.

But yes Fulton/maket would be an ideal spot for shopping/ent. and hopefully it happens soon

Perhaps this is my inner suburbanite talking, but that seems an awful long distance just to park at AGP.

Archived