Subforums in the Arkansas forum

Mith242

Leave it. Most Arkansans are interested in all of the state and it keeps things busy. Even the metro forums in Texas are a little dead since they were split.

That is one aspect that can happen. Although we may need to do something because it seems obvious that a number of people seem a bit put off with so many northwest Arkansas topics. I'd like to do something to keep people coming to the forum and want to increase the chances that people will participate and post also.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is one aspect that can happen. Although we may need to do something because it seems obvious that a number of people seem a bit put off with so many northwest Arkansas topics. I'd like to do something to keep people coming to the forum and want to increase the chances that people will participate and post also.

That could be a problem we have here with attendance.

It seems like some people will join one day and post maybe 5 or 10 times, and than we don't ever hear from them.

That could be a problem we have here with attendance.

It seems like some people will join one day and post maybe 5 or 10 times, and than we don't ever hear from them.

True, but I'm not sure if that can be blamed on the northwest Arkansas topics. Some of those people were from northwest Arkansas themselves. I think it's just natural that people sometimes just tend to move on. Maybe our discussions weren't to their liking or maybe they expected a little more than they thought when they first came on board. I still see some people show up on a regular basis, some just don't seem compelled to post.

True, but I'm not sure if that can be blamed on the northwest Arkansas topics. Some of those people were from northwest Arkansas themselves. I think it's just natural that people sometimes just tend to move on. Maybe our discussions weren't to their liking or maybe they expected a little more than they thought when they first came on board. I still see some people show up on a regular basis, some just don't seem compelled to post.

We might be able to hold more NWA forumers's attention if we had our own forum.

Edited by mcheiss

We might be able to hold more NWA forumers's attention if we had our own forum.

Perhaps, but it would seem to me that those would be the people more likely to stick around if they really wanted to. There is quite a bit of material here for them to look at. I guess there's just not so many people here that are prolific posters. Things seem to go in cycles anyway. We've had some rather busy periods on the Arkansas forum only to have things really come to an abrupt halt for an extended period. Who knows, in another month or two we may suddenly pick up a number of forumers. I seem to recall that you came around in a rather busy period.

Perhaps, but it would seem to me that those would be the people more likely to stick around if they really wanted to. There is quite a bit of material here for them to look at. I guess there's just not so many people here that are prolific posters. Things seem to go in cycles anyway. We've had some rather busy periods on the Arkansas forum only to have things really come to an abrupt halt for an extended period. Who knows, in another month or two we may suddenly pick up a number of forumers. I seem to recall that you came around in a rather busy period.

You guys are setting the bar too high.

I looked earlier and nobody had posted on the DFW forum since 10/30.

You guys are setting the bar too high.

I looked earlier and nobody had posted on the DFW forum since 10/30.

That's not what I'd want the Arkansas forum to become. I realize that not everyone has the same opinion that I do but I'd prefer a forum that has more interaction, hopefully on a daily basis. I personally want more than just a place to upon occasion check to see if there's some news on any developments every once in a while. That obviously is going to be a major part of the forum, but I'd just like to have a little more than that going on.

I still think splitting decreases traffic and you'll end up with 2-3 people doing all of the posting instead of 6-7.

I have wondered if creating a subforum for northwest Arkansas might decrease traffic. But I wonder if we might also decrease traffic if people from other areas of the state if they feel the northwest Arkansas topics overwhelm the Arkansas forum. Maybe I should go to some other state's forums and ask for suggestions.

One solution might be making a NWA Development thread sticky and/or other generic catch all stickies . So instead of making a alot of threads all the material could go in one, and there would be less pushing down and predominance of NWA threads. If you want to do that sort of thing I can sticky them for you all.

Edited by Rural King

One solution might be making a NWA Development thread sticky and/or other generic catch all stickies . So instead of making a alot of threads all the material could go in one, and there would be less pushing down and predominance of NWA threads. If you want to do that sort of thing I can sticky them for you all.

That is another possibility. Back in the early days of the Arkansas forum, I posted everything for Fayetteville in one topic. But after a while it got rather big and I was afraid that people were being put off by such a big topic that I started breaking down certain discussions and developments. But maybe we could try keeping northwest Arkansas topics into more condensed topics so the other topics didn't end up shoved so far down from the top. Anyone have any opinions on this suggestion? By the way thanks for your input Rural King, it's appreciated.

So where should we go from here?

I'm not sure, I wasn't wanting to have a bit of a waiting period to give everyone a chance to voice their opinion. I know not everyone visits on a daily basis like some of us do. I do wonder if Aporkalypse is correct and dividing up the forum will end up decreasing traffic over here. I think we sometimes do attract some people because they see there's quite a few responses in the Arkansas forum and everything is in one area. But I can also understand some of the other forumers feeling a bit overwhelmed from all the northwest Arkansas topics. I guess I'm just leaving myself open to what everyone thinks will be best. I really wish I had attached a poll when I started this topic. I hate to start yet another topic just so everyone can vote. Does anyone think we should put a poll out and give a bit of a time period so we can see what the majority thinks?

I'm not sure, I wasn't wanting to have a bit of a waiting period to give everyone a chance to voice their opinion. I know not everyone visits on a daily basis like some of us do. I do wonder if Aporkalypse is correct and dividing up the forum will end up decreasing traffic over here. I think we sometimes do attract some people because they see there's quite a few responses in the Arkansas forum and everything is in one area. But I can also understand some of the other forumers feeling a bit overwhelmed from all the northwest Arkansas topics. I guess I'm just leaving myself open to what everyone thinks will be best. I really wish I had attached a poll when I started this topic. I hate to start yet another topic just so everyone can vote. Does anyone think we should put a poll out and give a bit of a time period so we can see what the majority thinks?

I think there should be a poll that has a time limit of one week where you can vote which subforum you would like to see and what you don't want to see.

I think one week should be good for everyone.

Not all of them.

It depends on how many active Little Rock/Central Topics there are.

Certainly sounds like an idea. Too bad Johnny had already left when I posted. So for now there seems to be more people favoring at least a NWA subforum. Maybe we can get some of the others to voice their opinion on what to do with the Little Rock/central Arkansas topics. I get the feeling there won't be enough people to vote against the NWA subforum at this point to overturn the majority.

Certainly sounds like an idea. Too bad Johnny had already left when I posted. So for now there seems to be more people favoring at least a NWA subforum. Maybe we can get some of the others to voice their opinion on what to do with the Little Rock/central Arkansas topics. I get the feeling there won't be enough people to vote against the NWA subforum at this point to overturn the majority.

Right.

Do you think we should inform monsoon (Our Moderator), about this whole situation?

Right.

Do you think we should inform monsoon (Our Moderator), about this whole situation?

I'd like to hear more from the others on the Little Rock/central Arkansas topics first. Might as well do both at one time. But as soon as we make sure people have had enough time to comment one of us can inform monsoon and see if the admin have any problems with it.