Subforums in the Arkansas forum

Mith242

I'd like to hear more from the others on the Little Rock/central Arkansas topics first. Might as well do both at one time. But as soon as we make sure people have had enough time to comment one of us can inform monsoon and see if the admin have any problems with it.

If you have a separate NWA forum you need to have a separate Central Arkansas forum as well.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have a separate NWA forum you need to have a separate Central Arkansas forum as well.

I will contact our moderator today and inform him about the situation. May'be we can get a poll that will close in a week or so that we can get everyone's views on this issue. So far, I really haven't heard much about a Central Arkansas forum, but NWA forum seems to be getting plenty of support.

I have been watching this thread all along, but thanks for the PM. :thumbsup:

I don't have any problem creating at least a NWA forum now. I need to know what you guys want to call it and a description. We can create others later if the need arises.

Sweet thanks monsoon.

I would like to call it simply "Northwest Arkansas", but the description I haven't got any idea about.But I will get some more feedback from some of the other forumers.

I'm totally 100% for a NWA forum. They have a large active base and can chat incessantly about topics that really don't have that much of an effect on me :-D .

I'm not so sure about a Little Rock forum...when something is mentioned about LR, it mainly is something fairly big.....so there is not as much discussion. I'm indifferent on Little Rock.....subforum or not works.

I'm totally 100% for a NWA forum. They have a large active base and can chat incessantly about topics that really don't have that much of an effect on me :-D .

I'm not so sure about a Little Rock forum...when something is mentioned about LR, it mainly is something fairly big.....so there is not as much discussion. I'm indifferent on Little Rock.....subforum or not works.

It seems to vary. Two regular posters really dictate how busy a forum is. There's plenty to talk about in NWA, no doubt, but the number of posts about Little Rock on here is about ten times the number about Dallas-Ft Worth on their metro forum even though it is probably half as many posts as NWA has on here.

There was a point I thought there were more LR topics here than NWA, it's pretty cyclical.

One new poster that is on the board a lot changes things considerably. Still, looking at other metro forums I think the Little Rock forum would stay just busier than the average forum.

A Little Rock forum would save me time and energy. I would love to see one. We could title it "Little Rock Metro", which would include Little Rock, North Little Rock, Sherwood, Jacksonville, Benton, Bryant, Cabot, and Maumelle. I don't think Conway, Pine Bluff, or Hot Springs should go there though. Just my two cents.

Thanks Johnny :P .

Anybody have any other ideas for a description for the NWA forum. We had one suggestion that would include something like "Fayetteville, Springdale, Rogers, Bentonville". I think a cool little description could be "Boomtown USA" or something along those lines.

Edited by mcheiss

Well there seems to be quite a few for a Little Rock subforum also. I was curious is everyone wanting mainly just Little Rock or a central Arkansas forum? As far as a description on the Northwest Arkansas forum I would imagine listing the four main cities will do fine. I won't get into if any cities should be listed first or so on. I won't go for anything silly like 'Walton's and Razorbacks and Tyson's oh my'. Sorry Matt couldn't think of anything for Rogers in that. :D

Well there seems to be quite a few for a Little Rock subforum also. I was curious is everyone wanting mainly just Little Rock or a central Arkansas forum? As far as a description on the Northwest Arkansas forum I would imagine listing the four main cities will do fine. I won't get into if any cities should be listed first or so on. I won't go for anything silly like 'Walton's and Razorbacks and Tyson's oh my'. Sorry Matt couldn't think of anything for Rogers in that. :D

:P

The 4 cities seems fine to me, as far as a Central Arkansas forum, I don't think one is needed, but I wouldn't mind having one.

I've stated it before, but again, I'd like a forum for Little Rock and Northwest Arkansas. I agree that listing the cities should be fine. The names of the metros are "Little Rock-North Little Rock," and "Fayetteville-Springdale-Rogers," and those would make good sub-forum names. The description should simply be "Central Arkansas" and "Northwest Arkansas," for those not as familiar with the state, and also to let everyone know that they include the whole regions.

I've stated it before, but again, I'd like a forum for Little Rock and Northwest Arkansas. I agree that listing the cities should be fine. The names of the metros are "Little Rock-North Little Rock," and "Fayetteville-Springdale-Rogers," and those would make good sub-forum names. The description should simply be "Central Arkansas" and "Northwest Arkansas," for those not as familiar with the state, and also to let everyone know that they include the whole regions.

That sounds like a good idea. There certainly seems to be quite a bit of support for both subforums. I guess all that's left really is for the monsoon and the admin to okay it and actually put in the subforums.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to play the devil's advocate, I think we ought naught get too eager in expanding the Arkansas forum until we get a few more members to support it. If Little Rock gets its own forum, the main Arkansas forum is going to be rather dead. If we keep Little Rock up front on the main forum, it may attract more forumers from outside Arkansas to participate here and perhaps nose around the Northwest forum too. Just my thoughts.

Edited by GSCullum

I agree with GSCullum.

There really isn't enough posts to warrant quarantining a Little Rock forum.

I think the NWA forum was just to separate the incessant posting on everything happening in Northwest Arkansas.

Gee Johnny if you spent more time online instead of school you could keep up a lot better. :lol: