The Future of Professional Sports in New Orleans

NCB

It would have been nice for the Saints to have kept Louisiana boy Jake Delhomme ! Are the Saints/Haslett regreting this now ? Haslett insisted on Brooks too long. The biggest mistake was two-years ago(or 3) keeping an injured Brooks at starter for the last two-games against the

NFL's worst;Lions & Bengals..just needing to win one of those games to make the playoffs..LOST both of them and missed the playoffs after starting red-hot finishing 8-8.The whole time,showing no confidence in Delhomme.The Saints were only interested in him as a back-up."No thanks", he said ..Taking the NFC South rival Carolina Panthers to the SuperBowl the very next year !!! Ouch ! Another Louisiana boy,plays QB for the Panthers ! From BR Rookie/3rd string Stefan Lefors ! I have been friends with his family for years !!

The Saints got red-hot too late last year finishing 8-8 and barely missing the playoffs again !

This season started so promising begining with a win on the road @ Carolina! Too many key injuries,too many close ,crazy,losses+home situation snowballed out-of control !!! 3-13..2nd pick in this years draft ! Leinhart/Young or Free Agent QB...Who do the Saints want to pick ?? Who wants to play for them? Punk QB- Leinhart probably wants to stay in Cali and become a Raider..or a Titan ?? Who do you think they should draft ?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^I think the Saints would go with Leinhart or Vince Young.(if he enters the draft)

The Saints have a great running back in Deuce McAllister, but need a QB.

Yeah one of my friends is a big Saints fan and I know he's hoping for Vince Young.

A Saints fan from Iowa, that's interesting. :D

I don't think he became a big Saints fan till he had already moved down to Arkansas. Seems like one of the reasons he did was because of a former Iowa player went to the Saints. Maybe a little like how a lot of people in Arkansas now like the Jacksonville Jaguars because Matt Jones plays there now.

Archived