A new vacant space to fill

psycuda

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I had to choose another store for this location what would it be... let's see... big box, used as a grocery store now, hmm...

I'd say a bowling alley... This would make a great location for a bowling alley seeing how it's centrally located in a high-traffic area probably lacking in entertainment, and Capital Lanes about 4 miles away burned a few years ago... great bowling alley opportunity here with nice big parking lot... or possibly a Mega Entertainment center like say Bingo(for the adults) Gamerooms for the kids, bumper boats, go karts, skating rink, and bowling alley.

Just a thought.

If I had to choose another store for this location what would it be... let's see... big box, used as a grocery store now, hmm...

I'd say a bowling alley... This would make a great location for a bowling alley seeing how it's centrally located in a high-traffic area probably lacking in entertainment, and Capital Lanes about 4 miles away burned a few years ago... great bowling alley opportunity here with nice big parking lot... or possibly a Mega Entertainment center like say Bingo(for the adults) Gamerooms for the kids, bumper boats, go karts, skating rink, and bowling alley.

Just a thought.

The real issue is that inside of 6 months or so, there'll be 2 40,000 Square foot plus spaces that are vacant at that intersection, since the Publix will move down the hill to Governors Crossing. If you were a developer, would you want the standalone, or to have the lure of the plaza that Publix is currently in (OK, maybe I'm exaggerating slightly with the K-Mart, but still)

You're right. If I were a developer however, I'd want to go ahead and make mine a stand alone... makes it easier to be more creative, you don't have all the other stores around you with tenants moving in and out, you're free to build from the ground up, or atleast totally remodel... that kind of thing.

What's with all the vacancies along the Parkway? Within the past 6 months, both the Barnes & Noble, JoAnn Fabrics, and Office Depot on the Parkway have left. I'm curious to know what's happening with them.

remember the World market just opened to fill some of the void left by barnes and noble, jo ann fabrics and office depot :)

this is true...

JoAnn relocated, Office Depot and Barnes are looking at new sites as well... would be great to have them downtown.

yes a barnes street level would be perfect. i say tallahassee center or plaza tower gorund floor or if they wait gaines street

Archived