Stores that Should Open Somewhere in GR

dbrok

I know the topic of which stores should open has been discussed before for downtown, and the possible lifestyle center at Knapp's Corner, but what stores and restaurants would you like to see open anywhere in Grand Rapids or West Michigan?

My top three right now are P.F. Chang's, Crate & Barrel and Whole Foods. I guess IKEA would be somewhere up there, but it looks like they'll be opening one in the Detroit suburbs.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know the topic of which stores should open has been discussed before for downtown, and the possible lifestyle center at Knapp's Corner, but what stores and restaurants would you like to see open anywhere in Grand Rapids or West Michigan?

My top three right now are P.F. Chang's, Crate & Barrel and Whole Foods. I guess IKEA would be somewhere up there, but it looks like they'll be opening one in the Detroit suburbs.

We need a Mitchell's Fish Market.

I would definately like to see a Whole Foods. Other ideas would be like a Nordstroms / Macy's type store. I have heard that IKEA is really cool, but have not yet been to one, so one of those would be good too.

As far as restuarants...hard to say 'cuz I like so many and really enjoy the unique, individually owned ones versus the chains. (Though I have had PF Changs and it is fabulous!)

Is this the restaurant you're talking about? I haven't heard of it, but it looks like it would be good, and they have live music. Have you been to the one in Detroit?

I was referring to this restaurant: Mitchell's Fish Market. No live music that I know of. I've been to the one in lansing and maybe the one in Livonia, I can't remember. It's DELICIOUS. It is grouped with Bravo and The Claddagh in both lansing in and livonia although they aren't owned by the same people. Perhaps the owners are friends. All 3 can come to GR and it would be fine by me, they're all great. :D

the pf changs dream is not far off, look for them on 44th in the rivertown area of course, the ever exploding developement at Knapps corners. And if the retail gets a little nicer, look for one possibly on north alpine. The other rumor about changs is at Waterfall shops on the nice part of 28th.

I'll second a CPK, raise you a Dave and Busters. GR Metro is to Small for an IKEA, Macy's will be here within months, as Marshall Fields has been purchased by Federated.

All in all I think when this high end retail center hits' GR twp. You'll see an influx of nice retailers maybe even a nordstroms. I hate having to drive to Troy just to shop at one in Michigan.

GR Metro is to Small for an IKEA

Actually, when Ikea was going over their plans for global domination about two years ago they had planned on putting a store on 28th street but they wanted to get the one in the Detroit area first. Because it became such a battle to get the store in the Detroit burbs and took longer than they planned, the GR store seems to have gotten nixed.

As for me, i'd LOVE to see a Whole Foods.

Maybe we can put together a petition and get signatures from residents around the city and mail it to them (I'm only half joking). I really think that if we push it enough, we will have some influence, just like the altered Mariott design that GRDad mentioned.

Archived