The OC to film 10 episdoes at Brown and Providence College

anthonypolitelli

Hey everyone, I'm a student at Providence College and involved in my student congess. We just recieved confirmation from the President of the college that the OC will be filming 10 episodes in Providence at Brown and Providence College. This is not a rumor. While I do not watch the show, I am told the plot line involves one of the characters getting into Brown. The girlfriend wants to follow and in turn applies to Brown. She is rejected but chooses instead to go to Providence College and ends up falling in love with the school. Filimg will be in December sometime. This is very good news for both schools both also for Providence in general. Hopefully it will draw a younger crowd to become intrigued by the city, assuming the may use some shots of the skyline etc? What is everyones take?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone, I'm a student at Providence College and involved in my student congess. We just recieved confirmation from the President of the college that the OC will be filming 10 episodes in Providence at Brown and Providence College. This is not a rumor. While I do not watch the show, I am told the plot line involves one of the characters getting into Brown. The girlfriend wants to follow and in turn applies to Brown. She is rejected but chooses instead to go to Providence College. Filimg will be in December sometime. This is very good news for both schools both also for Providence in general, assuming the may use some shots of the skyline etc? What is everyones take?

No freakin way...!

This will now give me an undeniable excuse to watch another crappy show.

From Orange County to "The 903"...another reason for eye gouging. ouch.

the article says no footage will show the college... :cry:

that only applies to the two episodes from this year.

The other 10 episodes that anthony is talking about are going to be partially shot here, it sounds like.

Now, given that "Providence" would film an entire season's worth of Providence footage in about a week, I think we can assume that they aren't going to have a ton of Providence footage in the episodes, but they are going to shoot here for a bit.

that only applies to the two episodes from this year.

The other 10 episodes that anthony is talking about are going to be partially shot here, it sounds like.

Now, given that "Providence" would film an entire season's worth of Providence footage in about a week, I think we can assume that they aren't going to have a ton of Providence footage in the episodes, but they are going to shoot here for a bit.

i guess a piece of the cake is better then no cake at all :P

"Chapman did not confirm script details but said that no formal request had been made to "admit" the fictional characters to Brown or film scenes on campus."

so are they just applying and not getting accepted??--^

I'm guessing that the 10 episodes that anthony was told about may be filming for next season.. since it will be their OC'ers first year in college next year.. maybe????

"Chapman did not confirm script details but said that no formal request had been made to "admit" the fictional characters to Brown or film scenes on campus."

so are they just applying and not getting accepted??--^

I'm guessing that the 10 episodes that anthony was told about may be filming for next season.. since it will be their OC'ers first year in college next year.. maybe????

yup, thats what ive been told

• 3 weeks later...

are you sure that the filming wasn't for that newsguy to air that crazy brown party??? ;)

anyways.. at least the episode mentioned brown and providence a few times. The last thing the father said was "so hunny, what do you think about getting an apartment in providence? oohh providence"

An article in today's Journal confirming that the O.C. has never contacted Brown and has only contacted P.C. to borrow some souvenirs. A person from the O.C. says things are very unknown and hush hush about next years storyline.

So far, the only known future episode to feature Brown/P.C. mentions will be next weeks Dec. 8th.

Lets all hope and pray for Mikey ;)

Archived