Lear Plant Closure

GRDadof3

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cabelas was rumored to go in at 4 mile and Walker Ave. , not on Alpine. THe real estate owner was S.J. Wisinski also, not Grover who owns the 4mile and walker corner.

Cant say Cabella's wouldnt relocate that area is big enough to have a Rivertown-sized mall on it.

Prepare for the worst though, It could be Wal-mart.

It could even be Meijer itself. Alpine Meijer has been a dinosaur for quite some time. Cabella's doesn't make much sense to me. I'd be very certain it's not them. All of their locations are on high profile plots along interstates in the middle of nowhere. Also Keep in mind Costco. They have been looking to expand in the area, namely on the north side of GR.

It could even be Meijer itself. Alpine Meijer has been a dinosaur for quite some time. Cabella's doesn't make much sense to me. I'd be very certain it's not them. All of their locations are on high profile plots along interstates in the middle of nowhere. Also Keep in mind Costco. They have been looking to expand in the area, namely on the north side of GR.

Everything I have heard says Meijer wants out of Alpine, but thats a strong possibility as well.

I thought there already was a costco on alpine? Or maybe thats a sams club. WHo knows, all those places are the same to me. :P Costco did just open a store in teh Rivertown area a few months ago.

Wood TV8 reported last night that they thought the buyer was Blue Bridge Ventures and they planned to develop the site into mixed use. Anyone else know more?

http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4...39&nav=menu44_2

"24 Hour News 8 has been told by several people in the commercial real estate industry that Blue Bridge Ventures will be the new owners of facility. Partners would not deny or confirm that, except to say an announcement will be made Monday."

According to the GRBJ this morning, Blue Bridge plans on keeping this site industrial, and reskinning the outside. He would then divide the space up into smaller spaces and try to sell/lease them off incrementally.

:cry::angry:

bah I hate to say it but even Walmart moving in would have been better news :blink: oh well...

I just read the article, and it sounds like they are pretty close to signing 4 new manufacturing tenants, with possibly 1500 jobs. They are also looking to build retail out along Alpine to rejuvenate the area. Jack Buchanan says the interior of the main structure is in very good shape.

Archived