Detroit

turlough

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard that the Montreal Expos might move into the old Tiger Stadium. That was just a rumor though...it has not been confirmed by anything I've read. The walmart did not go through because the site was a couple acres too small (apparently they needed like a 19 acre site for the massive parking lot out front). Various developers have talked of doing something with the building, but no solid plans have been made. So now nobody knows quite what to do with it. It'll probably fall over before someone comes up with an idea of what to do with it.

GREAT photos!!! Nice to see more of Detroit. I love the 4th picture; it shows not only the density in the core, but also the room for expansion. I truly hope that Detroit's economy improves a lot and developers start building on the undeveloped areas of downtown. I've never been to Detroit, but I'd surely like to visit. Keep the pics coming...

GREAT photos!!! Nice to see more of Detroit. I love the 4th picture; it shows not only the density in the core, but also the room for expansion. I truly hope that Detroit's economy improves a lot and developers start building on the undeveloped areas of downtown. I've never been to Detroit, but I'd surely like to visit. Keep the pics coming...

Actually downtown Detroit has a very serious density problem. It is still more dense than many cities, however. To see what I'm talking about, check out the satellite photos of downtown Detroit in this thread:

http://www.atdetroit.net/forum/messages/5/...html?1073062008

I agree. The only reason Detroit looks pretty dense is because of all the angled streets downtown. I've read that 40% of the land in Downtown is vacant, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was even a higher percentage than that.

And I forgot to mention, in the 4th photo, Hudson's is still standing. This was probably taken in 1991 (notice that Comerica Tower is still u/c). So there's now a big empty space where Hudson's once was.

Archived