Split Up Transit Thread?

monsoon

Split Up Transit Thread?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Should we Split the Transit Thread?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other - explain please

What do you folks think about splitting the Regional Transit Thread into two or more threads. Atlanta is very fortunate to have the only heavy rail subway system in the entire south, so I though a thread that discussed it would be appropriate, along with a different thread for proposed rail transit such as commuter rail.

There may be better options for that or you guys might just want to leave it as is, but I wanted to get your thoughts on the matter. Thanks!

(I hope Celeste forgives me for posting this without checking with her first. )

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(I hope Celeste forgives me for posting this without checking with her first. )

Let's see, a thread dedicated soley to Marta. It could work. While there aren't many planned projects to discuss, there are the usual changes to routes and train frequency. It could work. What do you other good people think? I definitely think that the BEltline should have it's own thread.

No Metro, I will never forgive you. How could you? I thought we meant more to each other than that. I'm so devastated!!!

LOL.....just kidding.

No I don't mind. With this pregnancy, my mind has been so engaged. I probably was going to PM you but I can do it here. Friday will probably be my last day for a few weeks...maybe, maybe not. As you may or may not know, my due date is November 16th which is next Wednesday. :yahoo: I will need you and Spartan to keep things in order. I hope to be back real soon. Thank heavens for laptops.

Anyway, maybe when I check again we will have a thread dedicated to Marta.

When I get the time, I'm going to work on a Profile (pf sorts) on the Beltline. It can kind of become a thread for it, but school takes up a good bit of my time these days, so I'll have to wait for a few weeks.

As for the idea you proposed, I think a thread about MARTA would be nice.

Who knows, there's so many different projects going on not just in terms of buildings, but also with rail and transit. Could probably get a subforum about transit or construction sometime in the future.

BTW: Best of luck over the next few weeks, Lady Celeste! I'll certainly try my part to keep things up around here. :)

BTW: Best of luck over the next few weeks, Lady Celeste! I'll certainly try my part to keep things up around here. :)

I agree with you about the transit subforum. I would take that over just a thread about Marta.

Alllllllllllllllllllllso,

Thank you Ironchapman for your well wishes....if there is anyone I can rely on to keep things up, it's you.....and Teshadoh and Martinman and Andrea and Newnan Eric and Newnan and........well you get the picture. I'm going to be dying the few days I'm in the hospital. I don't think I will be able to stand the deprivation. It's withdrawl time.

I agree with you about the transit subforum. I would take that over just a thread about Marta.

Alllllllllllllllllllllso,

Thank you Ironchapman for your well wishes....if there is anyone I can rely on to keep things up, it's you.....and Teshadoh and Martinman and Andrea and Newnan Eric and Newnan and........well you get the picture. I'm going to be dying the few days I'm in the hospital. I don't think I will be able to stand the deprivation. It's withdrawl time.

That could work, I think. There's so much activeity going on with the Beltline, Atlanta Streetcar, Commuter Rail ideas, MARTA Bus and Rail, highways :ph34r:, etc.

I'm just happy to see how active the Atlanta forum has become over the past few weeks. I guess it was a good idea after all. ;) It was just me, teshadoh, and Martinman who posted here regularly when it was first formed (you came along a couple weeks later) and now look how many regulars there are! :D

I'm just happy to see how active the Atlanta forum has become over the past few weeks. I guess it was a good idea after all. ;) It was just me, teshadoh, and Martinman who posted here regularly when it was first formed (you came along a couple weeks later) and now look how many regulars there are! :D

Let's not forget Don - he was the mod when the GA forum started over a year ago. Back then all the GA forum was him posting an article & if he's lucky someone would post a comment. I had posted early last year but got bored after a couple of months.

Anyone else have an opinion they'd like to share?

Should the threads be split?

Does anyone think we could support a Transit or Construction forum?

Just trying to see if I could stimulate some interest, as this topic seems to be a little ignored. I think we might could support one of those subforums, just for the record.

I did a little studying around the Atlanta forum today.

When it comes to transit, I think that, at this time, a subforum might be a little bit of overkill. I don't know if there is quite enough interest from some of our forumers in creating a transit subforum.(look how much attention this thread has gotten about it's original issue) However, maybe the forumers just don't feel like weghing in on the subject yet.

If a subforum was to be considered here, it would probably be one for Construction similar to Providence's.

Let's take a look for a second. Most of the topics here that are active are about construction. Look at how much attention the Projects List and Next Wave have gotten compared the Regional Rail one, even though it's older than both. Also, there are so many major projects that can be discussed here (Georgia Aquarium, Atlantic Station, Symphony Center, 1180 Peachtree, Allen Plaza, and countless other things). Meanwhile, transit has a few things going on that there doesn't seem to be quite as much interest in. We have MARTA's problems and our dreams for them to expand it, the Beltline (which could be come a hotbed for discussion if it is approved), and the streetcar (along with the occasional bashing of traffic and highways).

A transit forum might not have quite as much activity as a Construction one, but a Construction onecould successfully be created without draining too much from the Atlanta forum itself. A thread for MARTA/the Beltline/whatever to help stimulate some discussion on the subjects is an excellent idea for the moment. A transit subforum is an excellent idea to keep in mind over the next few months.

Hope some of that makes sense.

Archived