Introduce Yourself

Rural King

I'll start!

Hi I'm Rural King! I'm the moderator of both the Kentucky and Tennessee forums. I grew up in NWTN not far from Western KY, and have spent alot of life due to my proximity learning about and traveling in its western sections, esp. the Purchase, Pennyrile, and Western Coal Field regions. So I hope to share my knowledge and interest of that part of the state with everyone in this forum.

I really look forward to seeing this forum gain members, have great discussions, and become a great part of the UP site.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michael from Nashville. I grew up in Western Kentucky in a little coal mining town called Central City, but later moved to Lexington (hence my screen name that has been carried on for some time now). Like I said above, I now live closer to home in Nashville Tennessee.

Thanks for the board!!!!

My name's Jake. I am 16 years old and a junior in high school.I live in Douglasville, GA, which is one of Atlanta's largest and oldest suburbs (by date the city was incorporated). It is about 20 mileswest of Atlanta. My hobbies include: Acting, Writing (stories, I hate essays), Video games (especially Ratchet and Clank, which is why it is my avatar), All things Atlanta, photography, urban planning, architecture, TV (especially "Cheers" and several Britcoms like Blackadder, Coupling, Last of the Summer Wine, Are You Being Served, My Family, etc.).

Hello all,

I'm Anthony and I grew up in Lexington. When I was younger I moved about 15 miles south of Lexington near Shaker Village. I love Lexington and work there in the summer. I go to Centre College in Danville, Ky. Danville is a beautiful town and Centre is a beautiful campus. I am a nationally competitive runner and travel all the time, so I get to see many Midwest and southern skylines. My favorite was definitely Chicago. I've also ran at Georgia Tech's track, among the skyscrapers of downtown and midtown Atlanta

Anthony

Hello all,

I'm Anthony and I grew up in Lexington. When I was younger I moved about 15 miles south of Lexington near Shaker Village. I love Lexington and work there in the summer. I go to Centre College in Danville, Ky. Danville is a beautiful town and Centre is a beautiful campus. I am a nationally competitive runner and travel all the time, so I get to see many Midwest and southern skylines. My favorite was definitely Chicago. I've also ran at Georgia Tech's track, among the skyscrapers of downtown and midtown Atlanta

Anthony

Welcome to Urban Planet!!!!

• 1 month later...

Soulbrotha is the name....ya'll probably know me lol i didn't realize this forum was this active....94 members online right now? wow i'm impressed.

Let me be the first to welcome you. Soul, you know who I am so I say all the best to ya man and it is great to have such a talented person, like yourself, on here. I look forward to many of your contributions.

Michael :D

Soulbrotha is the name....ya'll probably know me lol i didn't realize this forum was this active....94 members online right now? wow i'm impressed.

Welcome to the forum. Make sure you read and follow the rules. We need some good KY reps. and I know you are one heck of a photographer and know your city very well.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm Sherman from Lexington. I currently attend the Univ. of Kentucky, majoring in DSIS and minoring in art studio with an emphasis in Japanese culture.

My major interests are photography, urban exploration, history, exploring historical structures, and design (graphic/site). My two web-sites are Abandoned and American Byways. The former is my obsession with exploring abandoned and historical structures throughout several states, which range from disused hospitals to derelict houses and everything in between. The latter is my strong interest in highway transportation systems, railroads, and recreation.

My newer focuses in photography deal with recreational areas, urban projects and the rural landscape.

• 5 months later...

Heya, folks! I'm Elle, and I moved to Lexington with my husband, who accepted a position with the University of Kentucky a couple of years back. Prior to this, I lived in and followed the urban redevelopment of Chattanooga, TN, and still keep in touch with my colleagues and friends in the area. As we've previously lived in very urban areas such as Manila, Chicago, Johannesburg and London, Lexington is a big change for both of us!

My interests include mid-century modern design, technology and gaming, shelter style, travel, and fashion. My instructional design consultancy keeps our three cats in the style to which they are accustomed, and we can usually be found drinking at Cheapside or at the Horse and Barrel. If any of you Lexington locals ever feel a thirst coming on, let us know if you feel like company.

And because this thread is useless without pics:

162591210_0af4421abf_m.jpg

A spur-of-the-moment shot taken while stuck in traffic on Main Street, thanks to the dropped top on my Miata and my camera at hand. The building is the former Lexington City National Bank.

Welcome to the forum evoque! That pic is very sharp, thanks for sharing it with us. Perhaps we might see some more Lexington pics from you? :D

Also if you still follow Chattanooga developments, you can check out the East TN forum, where a lot of the discussions are about the that very city.

Hope you enjoy the forums!

• 2 months later...

Tom from Georgetown, KY (north of Lexington) where the 2010 International Horse Show will be held.

I'm retired and have way too much time on my hands, love photography, computer work, classical music, railroads, and my grandkids!!

I know I will enjoy reading about the great Commonwealth of Kentucky on this forum

• 3 weeks later...
Hi I'm Kris new to Louisville area got shipped down here from cleveland ohio for work. Love this site and am pumped that Ky has its own forum very interested in the discussions about cities and urban planning. Hope to make Ky proud love it so far in Louisville.
Welcome Kris. I live in Georgetown, but was born and raised in Louisville. Moved to G'town from Columbus, OH.

Archived