Detroit Neighborhoods, Development and more

statedude3

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just dont see how a city like Detroit, with it's issues of abandonment and desertion can survive without bulk pick up. This is really stupid. I understand they cant afford it, but with the city in it's current state, bulk pickup is almost a necessity.

Three major issues facing Detroit.

1. Schools. Until there is school district that is not perceived in such a negative way, families will continue to move out. Detroit wil not survive on yuppies and empty-nesters living downtown.

2. Unions. Running the city into the ground. Everytime Kwame or the Council tries to be progressive, who stands in the way championing the staus quo? (Although I do admit that the the administration's and council's salaries are out of whack).

3. Racism. A lot of people want to claim it's not the cause of so many problems, but I've spoken to many suburbanites who say things I'm embarrased to hear.

I would like to give applause to LMichigan and Haydenth for there observations and insight into the city of detroit. Good job!

Ramcharger, relax and take a deep breath. Nothing will get accomplished with a negative attitude. Everyone reading agrees 100% with the problems your facing. I think that times like these are perfect opportunities to unite together with your neighbors and tackle some of these problems as a neighborhood and as a community. I can guarentee that everyone one on your block is feeling the same sense of despair with respect to the discontinued bulk trash pick-ups. So, maybe a group of volunteers can pitch in time, effort and a few dollars to rent a U-haul or even better a Penske truck for a Saturday and load it up and take it to the designated dump site.

Now i know it's not your responsibility but sometimes "you gotta do what you gotta do!"

It's a chance to show some good ol' fashion Detroit Muscle!

Did Detroit have bulk pickup at no extra cost or something? If so, they should simply charge. In Lansing if you use city trash they have strict limits on how much you can put on the side of a dumpster or you have to buy a bulk pick up sticker, and they are pretty expensive.

Archived