94 floor and 74 Floor Tower Twins in Instanbul

mcheiss

Istanbul authorities and a real estate group in the United Arab Emirates announced plans to begin construction next year on a 94 floor office tower and a 74 floor office tower In Instanbul in 2008.. The announcement was made by Dubai International Properties (DIP) and the office of Istanbul mayor Kadir Topbas, who said that the complex - Dubai Towers-Istanbul - would be completed in 2008 and would include a business center and hotel, as well as space for commercial and leisure activities.

Dubai International Properties would assume 80 percent of the estimated cost of $500 million and the mayor's office 20 percent. The towers are to be built in the Levent business district on the western bank of the Bosporus, said Topbas.

This is the first project in the $5 Billion dollar investment Dubai Holding in Istanbul.

When these are built, they will be the higest in Europe. No renderings have been released yet.

I know many consider Istanbul to be in Europe, but I thought since this is the Middle-east forum, it should go in here.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Turkish journalists criticize the project : they say it is not legal and would make worse the road traffic.

Anyway, the Dubai Towers (2 towers of 300 m high) are not an unique project, other projects are in preparation (by Dubai Holding) wich would be carried out successively in the next 4 years.

Turkish journalists criticize the project : they say it is not legal and would make worse the road traffic.

Anyway, the Dubai Towers (2 towers of 300 m high) are not an unique project, other projects are in preparation (by Dubai Holding) wich would be carried out successively in the next 4 years.

It sure would be high though!!! :shok:

• 4 weeks later...

When these are built, they will be the higest in Europe. No renderings have been released yet.

I know many consider Istanbul to be in Europe, but I thought since this is the Middle-east forum, it should go in here.

I guess that depends on which side you're talking about. The part of the city west of the straights is technically Europe. The part east of the straights is technically considered Asia Minor.

• 1 month later...

Archived