Riverbend Crossing, DeSoto County, MS

tombarnes

Wow, I just read this report, and I'm incredibly jealous of Mississippi right now. This is an INCREDIBLE development:

Read more: http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...id=aoVjbKOG_4_g

For an area that is prone to poor development news (the Delta), this project is a godsend. It should really uplift the economies in NW MS, SE TN, and eastern Arkansas.

Thoughts?

well...we've kinda known about this for a long time. there's tons of threads both in the mississippi and memphis forums if you want to read more. we're all collectively becoming rather impatient with the slowness of the development.

and...that's only 1 of 3 megaprojects going up in the mississippi side of memphis metro. that's why everyone is predicting a major upswing in memphis employment in the next 10 years, growing faster than it already was.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone heard any new news about this. No dirt has been moved yet. Last I heard they were waiting on to land issues.

Does anyone one know a website for the developer Phillips Development Company (Bill Phillips,owner)

or any start dates

Article today in the Commercial Appeal...apparently they have closed on the first tract of land. In addition, they're up against a deadline of June 1, 2007 to begin construction and not lose state incentives.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/desoto...5462335,00.html

THANKS FOR THE UPDATE. I CAN'T WAIT

Has anyone heard any new news about this. No dirt has been moved yet. Last I heard they were waiting on to land issues.

Does anyone one know a website for the developer Phillips Development Company (Bill Phillips,owner)

or any start dates

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to Urban Planet! Please do keep us posted on developments in and around Tunica. I can't wait to see more about Riverbend. From what I have heard, the hotel might be a St. Regis. There is also talk of a larger property for the convention trade. Can't wait to see your pics from the signing!

This is UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!

The Masterplan map, on a previous link, had St. Regis labeled as the hotel. It will with most certainty (after a few years of looking at their business model) will not be a hotel, but rather a St. Regis Resort.

Atlanta just had a St. Regis announcement not long ago and people were even SURPRISED ATLANTA WAS GETTING ONE.

This IS one of the very very most exclusive chain hotels (if you can call it a chain)

List of current St. Regis hotels:

-NYC

-SF

-HOU

-DC

-Aspen

-Monarch Beach (SC)

-Rome

-London

-Beijing

-Shanghai

-Bora Bora

Just being on their freaking drop down menu for reservations is worth more than millions of dollars in advertising.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/stregis/

I have stayed in the original St. Regis in New York on several occasions, and it is all it is cracked up to be and more. The Washington property has always been a disappointment, but it is under renovation right now and shopuld be open in a few month's time. I've also been watching the one in Fort Lauderdale rise above the oceanfront. I hope to stay there some time soon.

As you say, the property should sell itself if it is like the rest of the properties in the chain. I'd love to see real drawings!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That is a good point. I think it should help things move along with the Myriad. It certainly couldn't hurt.

Conventional wisdom would seem to agree, giving other banks confidence that, b/c of the proximity of a complementary project (except for the fact that both were initially rumored to have those large ferris wheels, as well as, presumably, golf courses) such as Riverbend, the likelihood for success would increase with the Myriad.

• 4 years later...

Archived