Trader Joe's Comes to Atlanta

charlotte_bon_vivant

I had heard over a year ago that they were interested in Atlanta. They would never say if they were committed to Atlanta, only "interested". Well, a friend told me that she read a Biz Journal article that trader Joe's is actively seeking an Atlanta location. YES! Here's a link to the article:

http://www.bizjournals.com/industries/reta...les_daily2.html

Alison Mochizuki, national publicity manager for Trader Joe's, confirmed that the company is planning to enter metro Atlanta, but declined to provide any more information. "We're excited to be coming to Atlanta," she said.

I need to go to bed. I was so excited I had to come over and share.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had heard over a year ago that they were interested in Atlanta. They would never say if they were committed to Atlanta, only "interested". Well, a friend told me that she read a Biz Journal article that trader Joe's is actively seeking an Atlanta location. YES! Here's a link to the article:

http://www.bizjournals.com/industries/reta...les_daily2.html

I need to go to bed. I was so excited I had to come over and share.

I love Trader Joe's!

An article in the Atlanta Business Chronicle also said that two grocery stores from Asheville, Fresh Market and Earth Fare, would be coming to town. Fresh Market is a lot like Whole Foods, and Earth Fare is even better, in my opinion.

By the way, if y'all haven't visited the new Whole Foods on West Paces Ferry, it's worth checking out. It's the most upscale grocery store I've seen in Atlanta thus far.

• 3 months later...

Trader Joe's leases 2 stores, may open 12 Business Chronicle

Trader Joe's Co. Inc. has signed on for 12,000-square-foot stores at Midtown Promenade shopping center, 931 Monroe Drive, and Sandy Springs Plaza, 6299 Roswell Road, according to several people close to the lease negotiations.

The California-based company also is negotiating leases on two other stores, in Buckhead and East Cobb, and may consider a total of 10 to 12 stores in metro Atlanta.

• 7 months later...

The first Atlanta TJ's opened yesterday in Roswell. Unfortuntely because of the state's draconian alcohol laws, their famous "Three Buck Chuck" will not be available here just yet (not Two Buck due to higher distribution costs).

Trader Joe's plans to open four more stores in metro Atlanta by early next year, in Midtown, Marietta, Norcross and Sandy Springs.

I think the Centennial Park East development would have been a good site for a Trade Joes. The good values would appeal to the residents of Centennial Place and the GSU and Tech students nearby. The trendiness would appeal to be nearby condo dwellers. Plus it would have high visibility being that it is a tourist area.

Hopefully whoever buys the site from Integral does it soon and comes up with plans that includes Trader Joes. I think they're going to end up with some sort of value type grocery store and I'd rather it be a Trade Joes than an Aldi (yes, I'm quite aware that Aldi owns Trader Joes). If the rumored Whole Foods on one of the other Allen Plaza blocks does get built, it would make quite the good location for foodies to live.

• 3 months later...

Archived