Greenville County needs a tree ordinance

mcashlv

Like that, like that a lot!! :D:D

Thanks. I saw a presentation on Treesgreenville not long ago and there was another great quote in their slide show that was something like: "The truest measure of a community's wealth can be found by measuring its canopy".

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Love that one too!

Just daydreaming here, but since Greenville has found it's green roots and with all the plantings going on down the middle and on the sides of 385 into the city......wouldn't it be cool if each bridge over 385 had a different tree related quote in the railings (in iron, or dimensional letters). This entrance to the city will really be a parkway and canopy in a few years. Greenville could show it's love for green in numerous ways with these quotes! What do you guys think? Sort of like the sidewalk quotes along Main in downtown.

^ Love that one too!

Just daydreaming here, but since Greenville has found it's green roots and with all the plantings going on down the middle and on the sides of 385 into the city......wouldn't it be cool if each bridge over 385 had a different tree related quote in the railings (in iron, or dimensional letters). This entrance to the city will really be a parkway and canopy in a few years. Greenville could show it's love for green in numerous ways with these quotes! What do you guys think? Sort of like the sidewalk quotes along Main in downtown.

I actually LOVE that idea, gsupstate! There are a ton of famous literary quotes about trees. I could definitely see them on the railings between I-385/I-85 and downtown all along I-385. Dayton has its aircraft. We have our trees. :shades:

I actually LOVE that idea, gsupstate! There are a ton of famous literary quotes about trees. I could definitely see them on the railings between I-385/I-85 and downtown all along I-385. Dayton has its aircraft. We have our trees. :shades:

Thanks RT! The finger must be better! :)

Greenville really does need to promote it's trees. Trees are the first thing visitors comment on downtown. A UP poster from another city in the past (though I believe they we trying to be derogatory) said downtown looked like a forest. Of course we all took that as a HUGE compiment! :D With trees making such an impression downtown, why not make that same impression on the way into downtown via the main gateway to the city? Celebrate trees!!!

The last Greenville County Tree Policy Advisory Committee Meeting is tomorrow, Thursday, June 8 at 8:00 a.m. in Conference Room B, at County Square. A final public hearing will also be held tomorrow evening (June 8) at 6:30 pm at County Square in Council Chambers.

There is a survey HERE on the county website on what you think should be included in a future tree ordinance.

• 2 months later...

Wow. You have my sympathy and my appreciation (for sharing). Maybe you should send these to the County Council members.

You might want to hang out around the DR Horton offices and show these to their prospective customers. Hitting them in the pocketbook is about all they understand.

Wow. You have my sympathy and my appreciation (for sharing). Maybe you should send these to the County Council members.

You might want to hang out around the DR Horton offices and show these to their prospective customers. Hitting them in the pocketbook is about all they understand.

Thanks. At one time, the only way I could get anything done was to go down to the model home and be very vocal about my complaints during the busiest time of the day on a Saturday. They'd make sure that something was done right away then. However, D.R. Horton and the Randolph group have both abandoned the development and turned it over to a new builder, so that's no longer an option. If any of these photos showed up taped to the doors and windows of D.R. Horton's new offices in the West End, it wouldn't hurt my feelings any. :ph34r:

Thanks. At one time, the only way I could get anything done was to go down to the model home and be very vocal about my complaints during the busiest time of the day on a Saturday. They'd make sure that something was done right away then. However, D.R. Horton and the Randolph group have both abandoned the development and turned it over to a new builder, so that's no longer an option. If any of these photos showed up taped to the doors and windows of D.R. Horton's new offices in the West End, it wouldn't hurt my feelings any. :ph34r:

Do you know who the new builder is?

Do you know who the new builder is?

Yes, and they'll likely be the ones forced to pay for and correct the irresponsible actions of the previous developer and builder as they now own the property behind me. The best thing they could do is just go ahead and build spec homes on those two lots and then correct the drainage problems once there are homes (and sod) in place up there.

I suppose I should go discuss this with the new builder, too, just to warn them about DHEC's involvement, if nothing else. Thanks, cdude! :thumbsup:

Yes, and they'll likely be the ones forced to pay for and correct the irresponsible actions of the previous developer and builder as they now own the property behind me. The best thing they could do is just go ahead and build spec homes on those two lots and then correct the drainage problems once there are homes (and sod) in place up there.

I suppose I should go discuss this with the new builder, too, just to warn them about DHEC's involvement, if nothing else. Thanks, cdude! :thumbsup:

Your quite welcome, RT. :thumbsup:

Archived