Commuting to Nashville

DannyBoy

I am thinking of buying a home in Spring Hill in the near future, but might wind up with a job in Nashville. I am seeking some advice/comments on whether this is a reasonable commute. I know it's a little under 40 miles each way, but what kind of traffic will I hit during rush hour? I don't mind a one-hour commute, but if it's more like 90+ minutes each way, that might make me reconsider working in Nashville (or perhaps reconsider living in Spring Hill!)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, one thing's for sure, you wouldn't be alone on the road. I can't imagine it being more than an hour, probably quite a bit less. That's not my route, so I can't say for sure. Anyone out there know more about it? 90 minutes seems a bit extreme.

Most likely depends on the time of day too. If it's I-65 (which I don't know why it wouldn't be) then he will have traffic. But like Dave said, you wouldn't be alone. LOL!!

Commuting from Franklin takes about 30-35 minutes, so I would say about 40-50 minutes, depending on how long it will take you to get to I-65. Tell me the general area of Spring Hill and I could help you a little more.

It would be in the area of Columbia Pike (Rt 31) and Duplex Rd, on the border of Maury Cty...

thats about how long it took...45 min. sounds right

I notice on this site that construction is underway on a commuter rail system. That would be a nice option, assuming they eventually build the entire system, including the line that runs south from Nashville through Williamson County. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like a no-brainer to build those rail lines and give commuters the option to ride....I'd much rather work in Nashville than at some suburban office...

It would be in the area of Columbia Pike (Rt 31) and Duplex Rd, on the border of Maury Cty...

OK, I know exactly where you are talking about. My church is right near there. Yeah, it'll take about 45-50 minutes. That is, if you miss Independence traffic. If you get it, then that'll add about 5-10 minutes.

Archived