Center Court

georgeglass

This project was designed by the same group that designed City Courts. The property has been cleared and ground broken. I walk by the site almost every day and can't wait for things to start going up. It will be at the end of Avenue of Champions / Euclid Ave in the South Hill neighborhood near UK campus and downtown Lexington.

centercourt2.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Hey thats a sharp project! Is this project all apartments/condos?

I believe the first floor is going to be all retail. NAIISAAC (sp) has a sign out front of the development now advertising for leasing. I would imagine they want to attract restaurant / boutique type places. There a quite a few business catering to students in the area, but mainly it is fast food and pubs, music store etc. Not to knock those businesses, but there is a need to bring in different types of establishments.

Bring in a Jason's Deli and perhaps a Blue Coast Burrito. Spice things up with a Borders Book Store and you got yourself a neat little niche. I love it, just love it.

I have a friend that would die for a Jason's deli. She had them in TX. She lives in Cincy now, but might consider a move back for that. Border's would be great too. We have a Barnes and Noble and Joseph Beth, but no Borders and nothing like that in the downtown area...this would be great for the students too.

• 1 year later...

Condos near UK campus now open: Many tenants of CenterCourt are first-time buyers

Lexington Herald-Leader, August 29, 2007

The first phase of CenterCourt on S. Upper adjacent to the University of Kentucky officially opened yesterday. The condos are one of 25 downtown projects either completed or in progress, with a combined value of $500 million. All but two of the 72 condominiums are sold or under contract. The first phase contains 72 residential units, and 13,000 sq. ft. of commercial space that features a Starbucks, Firehouse Subs, e-Campus, Moe's Southwest Grill, South Hill Optical, and a barber shop.

The largest demographic are young professionals who are first-time home owners.

Groundbreaking for Phase II will be in the next 60 days and contain 84 condo lofts and townhouses.

Archived