Nunn Building Lofts

georgeglass

This projects is on the corner of Short Street and MLK across from the Chase Bank building in downtown Lexington. Construction started over a year ago and was halted. I think the plans have been altered several times. This is the latest rendering I could find on the developer's web site (lrcrealestate.com). Construction is slated to resume in the spring. I'll keep my fingers crossed, but I won't hold my breath considering past delays.

nunnbuildinglofts.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh its okay. I don't persnally like that surface lot offset at all, but hey its still not a bad project in the least.

It will be an interesting project. The surface lot has to remain because it provides access to an existing underground garage for an ajacent building. Part of the project is to refurbish an older building that used to house the newspaper long ago. The newer looking part will connect the older building with an existing structure. If you clould see what it looked like before, and now with a big hole behind it, you could certainly appreciate it even more.

• 1 year later...

Since the last postings, much has changed with The Nunn Building Lofts. The current developer purchased this site from the prior owners just over a year ago. Since then, they have moved very rapidly, without any delays. They have sold 20 of 26 units, completed all site work, began installing windows, and steel should begin to go up within the next two weeks. This is the same developer as the Main & Rose Lofts. Construction continues to move full speed ahead and should be completed in the summer of 2007.

Archived