Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hood

Stonehouse Village

I finally found a rendering of the Stonehouse Village:

stonehousewithname-479x226.jpg

Cron Management has also posted info on the project at: http://www.cronmgt.com/StoneHouseVillageNew.html

And the State News reported that Taco Bell would be moving into the new building, leaving the current Taco Bell site open for new construction: http://www.statenews.com/article.phtml?pk=32752

I actually like it. The heavy stone at the base, will give it a more solid look. It's good that the Taco Bell site is going to be open for development. It's always looked extremely out of place.

I like the design too, but I'm dissapointed that it won't have those 18' celings that were proposed earlier. Apparently they downgraded to 9' celings, now I'm waiting to see what they will propose for the Taco Bell site.

Here are two pictures I took of the current progress.

P1010041.jpg

P1010042.jpg

There is now a large drill on site for the footings of the building. The taco bell thats being talked about can be seen on the right of the second picture.

The Stonehouse Village construction is going ahead pretty fast. They already have one wall up for the first floor at one end and continue to make progress daily. Here is a picture I took today:

stonehouse_village02-09-06.jpg

That's good to see, if you can keep updating! I rarely get a chance to get out there and I'm curious about the progress. Whats going on with West Village? Is anything going on?

Last time I went by there, nothing had been started. I am not sure if they are waiting until Spring or more leaseholders.

On the building's listing it still shows occupancy as mid 2006 :huh: . I emailed Mr. Abood, the developer, a few times and it seemed like he treated the project as a sure thing, as far as I know the city approved the project. I wonder what the holdup is.

Does anyone know what they r gonna put in place of tacobell next to stonehouse and what they r gonna do with the parking lot behind stonehouse? it'd be nice if the city puts another larger scale building in both places creating more density

I dont think there has been any specific plans but I would think it will be something similar to stonehouse, in height anyways.

There isn't any structural steel in this building is there? It seems odd that a four story building will only be supported by cinderblock.

Well I went by today and they were putting up the brick facade on the rest of the building. The red bricks seemed to be full bricks, but the gray corner stones were only an inch or two thick.

Is there any plans to build anything next to stonehouse, where the taco bell is that is moving to the ground floor of stone house?

I don't know of anything specific, but the way things have been going in East Lansing I doubt you will have to wait very long to hear anything.

Yeah, I think Taco Bell is just moving to free up the site for potential development. It's only a matter of time before something is built there, as Grand River frontage is probably the most valuable retail frontage in Metropolitan Lansing. I wouldn't worry, at all, about there not being potential development for the site.