The 500s on Main

georgeglass

This project is currently under construction in downtown Lexington across from Heritage Hall on Main Street. It will be 80% residential. It will also feature a rooftop restaurant / terrace. I think it will be 8 floors at its highest point. The building takes up a whole block and incorporates 2 existing buildings and a church into the design. More details can be found at www.schneiderdesigns.com.

500s.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow all sorts of nice modern looking structures are being planned for Lexington. Very cool. Lexington seems to be moving right along.

See this is why we needed a Kentucky Forum!!!

I know, I'm so glad this got started. I check out the Tallahassee board all the time because I have family there. I was so jealous of all their activity and thought Lexington needed the same attention.

• 2 months later...

I can take some pictures. It isn't that far along, but they are getting the foundation ready. I am just glad to see some real work going on.

They are still doing base foundation construction and retaining wall work.

Does anybody have status on the church next door? The front entryway is held up by wood supports and it looks kinda... shuttered. The adjacent (connected) structure looks to be used, however...

They are still doing base foundation construction and retaining wall work.

Does anybody have status on the church next door? The front entryway is held up by wood supports and it looks kinda... shuttered. The adjacent (connected) structure looks to be used, however...

I know the front entrance has been that way for several years, but I don't know why. I'm not sure who uses the church anymore. It is a beautiful building in need of some TLC.

Archived