Nissan Site discussion and pics

Lexy

How about some photos of the new site, neighborhood and all? Well that is what I did today. Despite overcast skies and occasional drizzle, Casey and I went out to Franklin to see the new Nissan North America HQ site. We took some pics of Franklin, Cool Springs and Brentwood is in the distance. The site is rather large and butts up to I-65. It clearly can be seen from the interstate and a new ramp should direct traffic to the site directly from Freeway to Site. Bypassing the Cool Springs Blvd. exchange. I will say that if you plan on going to see the site, the road to it is closed after a short distance. You must park and walk to get to the grassy knoll that the signs rest on. It is really worth the walk just to see how huge this thing is going to be.

*If you are a blue hearted urban geek, this thread may be hard to stomach, so I caution you to view it. But if not, and you prefer this type of development, then I say, "To each his own."

Without further adeu I give you the brand new..............

NISSAN North America Headquarters campus site

Caruthers Parkway, Franklin, Tennessee

First of all a pan that gives you an idea of the scope of Cool Springs and Brentwood. The Nissan site is on the far right of the pic in the field behind Wal-Mart. Around here will be the new exit ramps.

CoolSpringsPan.jpg

Some of the houses that will have birdseye views of the site on Cool Springs Blvd. MAN, these things are monsters to put it lightly! A number of CEO's already call this neighborhood home. Expect more to now.

Picture256.jpg

Picture231.jpg

Picture232.jpg

Here are the two hotels (with the possibility of another) that are going ot benefit directly from the new HQ.

Embassy Suites-Cool Springs

Picture250.jpg

Marriot-Cool Springs

Picture227.jpg

Some of the neighbors that Nissan will have are these glass buildings....

Picture202.jpg

Picture226.jpg

Enough hub-bub, on to the site! This is the view (or approximate view) of someone sitting at their desk in the new building. *notice the barricades over the road???*

OfficeParkPan.jpg

From the backside of the site (Franklin side). The site is all that land below the small drop-off in front of me.

NissanSitePan1.jpg

Here is the site.

NissanSitePan2.jpg

And finally, a parting shot of the sprawling complex. I hope this brings it all into perspective for everyone. One thing, it is interesting to note that the large building on the left of this pic is actually Ford Motor Companies credit division. Primus Financial

OfficeParkPan2.jpg

Thanks for viewing.

* My wife, Casey, deserves all the credit for building the panoramic pics in this thread.*

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We might as well get use to suburban office parks. They are a part of every metro area in the country and there will be more. There is a place for them in the big picture and eventually they will build out and have no more room.

Downtown Nashville will get some large developments as the the City and surrounding areas grow. Its like a giant pendulum that will swing back and forth, sometime favoring DT growth and at others favoring suburban growth.

We just need to be happy Nissan is relocating in Franklin and not Dallas. This will create a synergy for the Middle Tennessee Area and I am sure there will be a lot more relocations and expansions anounced in the future. Just give it time and downtown will come into its own.

We might as well get use to suburban office parks. They are a part of every metro area in the country and there will be more. There is a place for them in the big picture and eventually they will build out and have no more room.

Downtown Nashville will get some large developments as the the City and surrounding areas grow. Its like a giant pendulum that will swing back and forth, sometime favoring DT growth and at others favoring suburban growth.

We just need to be happy Nissan is relocating in Franklin and not Dallas. This will create a synergy for the Middle Tennessee Area and I am sure there will be a lot more relocations and expansions anounced in the future. Just give it time and downtown will come into its own.

I hope your right about the pendulum swinging back to downtown someday. I have this nightmare thought that it might just keep swinging more and more towards suburbia and never swing back...ultimately Nashville turning into a clone of Gwinnett County. Ugggghhhhh!!!!!

One of the best things that happening now is that this phenomenal growth is happening during the time when downtowns and living, working and playing downtown is hotter than ever. Suburbs will always exist, and Cool Springs is pretty cool and when you think that the 3-year-old data pointed out that the area within five miles of Cool Springs sported an average age of 34 with household incomes of $105,000...I think the businesses attracted there won't all be filledonly with people wanting to educate little Susie and Bobby in good schools, but young professionals who just might work in Cool Springs, but choose to live the urban lifestyle in a slick downtown high-rise. The outbound commute is a snap. What's a single person to do with a 6-bedroom, 6,000 sq. ft. house anyway?

Well, the 5-car garage might come in handy. Ha.

About the only thing I hate more than suburban office parks with gargantuan buildings that have no business outside a downtown area are suburban malls. :angry:

One of the best things that happening now is that this phenomenal growth is happening during the time when downtowns and living, working and playing downtown is hotter than ever. Suburbs will always exist, and Cool Springs is pretty cool and when you think that the 3-year-old data pointed out that the area within five miles of Cool Springs sported an average age of 34 with household incomes of $105,000...I think the businesses attracted there won't all be filledonly with people wanting to educate little Susie and Bobby in good schools, but young professionals who just might work in Cool Springs, but choose to live the urban lifestyle in a slick downtown high-rise. The outbound commute is a snap. What's a single person to do with a 6-bedroom, 6,000 sq. ft. house anyway?

Well, the 5-car garage might come in handy. Ha.

Good point! For those single Nissan employees moving in from California, living downtown and working in CoolSprings would be great! A fifteen to twenty minute commute always against the flow of traffic, plus the excitement and the energy of downtown living. Boy, I hope o lot of 'em decide to do that. Then the benefit of this headquarters move would benefit Nashville in a truly BIG way.

Here ya go Cheerio

300,000 square ft and 10 stories.

http://www.williamsonworks.com/WCEDCmag2.htm

I had a client in Cool Springs back in 97-98 when Primus built their HQ. If memory serves, back then Franklin passed zoning for Crescent to build up to 200' in height for future buildings. That was right before one of those two hotels was planned (I don't remember which one).

I hope your right about the pendulum swinging back to downtown someday. I have this nightmare thought that it might just keep swinging more and more towards suburbia and never swing back...ultimately Nashville turning into a clone of Gwinnett County. Ugggghhhhh!!!!!

With players like Giarratana, Streuver, Crosland, Eaken, and yes even Alex Palmer, I think downtown Nashville will not be left behind. I know alot of you are skeptical about Palmer and his plans. Just wait a little while longer to see what he has planned. I think something will happen with his property soon.

Again, I say synergy. A snowball effect if you will. Once one thing is built and on the boards another one will follow. Be patient and have a little faith. If you look at Gwinnett and then Atlanta, then give me some of the construction that is going on in Atlanta as far as high-rise buildings.

If the new Convention Center is built then that will cause even more development in the downtown area and there is a lot more room to build downtown than you think. Another large hotel would be in the works then and with more surface parking lots going away then they have to go higher with the buildings.

Eventually we have to look at the Nashville Metro area much in the same way as the Atlanta Metro area. I know that may be herasy but its a fact of life. I am with you, lets build it downtown and build it all downtown and add quality public transportation.

Oh Well, guess we are the dreamers.

Archived