Street Talk De-Scrambler

GRDadof3

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wells Fargo moving in wouldn't be a stretch. In fact, it looks like they already have a mortgage office called 'New Grand Rapids' located near Knapp and the Beltline. Now that I think about it, it's in that newer office building that resembles a lodge next to Noodles.

Did anybody attend the dunkers event? Wasn't it this morning? I'm sure Carole got all that from the advance copy of the script they ausually send her.

Wells Fargo moving in wouldn't be a stretch. In fact, it looks like they already have a mortgage office called 'New Grand Rapids' located near Knapp and the Beltline. Now that I think about it, it's in that newer office building that resembles a lodge next to Noodles.

The mortgage branches have already been here for years, I used to work by one at 28th and E.Paris a few years ago and I know there is at least another one in Grandville

Anyone care to elaborate on this 'street talk' section?

Rizzo, it's the gossip section of the Grand Rapids Business Journal (inside the back cover usually). Here is the on-line version:

http://www.grbj.com/GRBJ/Nav/Login.htm?Art...5-AA5E6FEA85C2}

but you have to subscribe to the service. You can usually catch it in the local libraries as well as back issues. They usually talk in code so that true "insiders" will pick up on the clues.

^"Talk in code," thats sooo 90s. ;-) It's actually kind of neat though, kinda like a secret underground society, I wanna join!

If your company is a chamber member, a subscription to the GRBJ is only $30/year. That includes both the weekly newspaper and full online access, including searchable archives. You also get all the ancillary publications including the Book of Lists, Commercial Real Estate Quarterly, and the new Health Quarterly (debuting in January). Otherwise a one year subscription is $52 -- "a buck a week".

Archived