Research Triangle Park (RTP) & the Triangle Biotech Cluster

DanRNC

An unnamed company in Cary will be filing for an IPO-could it be SAS? Details to follow.....

I don't see this. Could be. I have some contacts over there and they have mentioned nothing.

I don't see the push to make SAS public like in the late 90s when they hired an ex-IBMer and he was run out of there.

An unnamed company in Cary will be filing for an IPO-could it be SAS? Details to follow.....

I don't see this. Could be. I have some contacts over there and they have mentioned nothing.

I don't see the push to make SAS public like in the late 90s when they hired an ex-IBMer and he was run out of there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm guessing this will go on the land they've been clearing out to the southwest of the Page/I-40 intersectoin.

Putting a Westin there will bring serious competitoin to the Sheraton Imperial, and will be closer to RTP than the Umstead.

Does anyone know if Quintels owns their offices on 54 near 540? If so, do they have any plans for that land once employess move to this building? It could be a good mixed use site, if done right.

The "outer ring" of the fortress has started coming down. I don't think any of it will be left. I think they are reusing some buildings close to 40, but i don't know if anythign will be done with the rest of the land closest to 54 and Alexander

I am not sure if the data center contract was won yet, either.

I'm guessing this will go on the land they've been clearing out to the southwest of the Page/I-40 intersectoin.

Putting a Westin there will bring serious competitoin to the Sheraton Imperial, and will be closer to RTP than the Umstead.

Does anyone know if Quintels owns their offices on 54 near 540? If so, do they have any plans for that land once employess move to this building? It could be a good mixed use site, if done right.

yes I have seen the clearing and wondered what is going in this place. It is front and center in that cluster of buildings/roads.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Great to see another biotech company moving to the Triangle. This goes to show you how much clout that the Triangle is gaining in this sector. If this company has locations all over the world, there is the possibility that we could gain another destination to fly to from RDU if they so fly to particular places a lot.

The expansion of Quintiles may spur additional flights as employment should reach up to about 5000, with many being relocations from international offices. Speaking of Quintiles, I am wondering if PRA's move to the Triangle may be a play for this company to eventually be bought out by Quintiles or PPD, the 2 largest CROs in the world.

PRA news release

The company (PRA) is scouting locations along Glenwood Rd. and Creedmoor Rd. for their HQ relocation.

Edited by DanRNC

• 2 weeks later...

News from last week: Fidelity expanding in RTP.

Fidelity last year bought 269 acres in RTP, with plans to complete a campus by 2011. The data center could free up land for more offices.

Fidelity is expected to have 3,000 Triangle employees by the end of 2009. And 300 acres is a lot of dirt for so few employees. IBM, after all, fit 13,300 employees on its 800-acre campus in 2004.

Fidelity, however, is not tipping its hand. "Right now the plan is to bring in 2,000," in addition to 1,000 employees who were already here when the expansion was announced, Shamrell said.